quadcopter for the impoverished

pittsartist

Visit site
And another made with an R/C Glider .... so the thread's nearly back on track :)

[video=vimeo;58026203]http://vimeo.com/58026203/video]

Last edited:

michaf

Visit site
@jfm Well, I shall say one should never answer to someone he does't know, browsing your posts should have given the color of your reply! You're an epic account buster, can we see the ones where you're trashing some bigger toys :D Here's the video I took with da phantom. The GroPro has been replaced since, you'll see some bad blurry spots. Looking at my boat from the sky I realised how small it was and so got a bigger one. Advise to anyone wanting to do areal pics : Don't, gives you the foot decease.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Hi Henry, glad you like my video ......... its £15 per person NOT to have a ride in it (just joking !!!)

Actually, it starts in hunstanton and most of the seashore stuff is north norfolk or the canals near kings lynn

rutland water is fairly distinctive in the later

Ah.

I was trying to work out the runway numbers and they are similar to Lee-on-Solent but not quite the same which confused me.

A great video with some interesting editing techniques I might try and steal if iMovies allows !

2013 seems to be the year of the boating video on here.

Henry :)

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
@jfm Well, I shall say one should never answer to someone he does't know, browsing your posts should have given the color of your reply! You're an epic account buster, can we see the ones where you're trashing some bigger toys :D Here's the video I took with da phantom. The GroPro has been replaced since, you'll see some bad blurry spots. Looking at my boat from the sky I realised how small it was and so got a bigger one. Advise to anyone wanting to do areal pics : Don't, gives you the foot decease.

Very nice. That sea looks stunning!

braehouse

Visit site
For those that are interested finally managed to pluck up the courage and fly the quadcopter at Salcombe. Was shot on the 15/7/13 if anyone else was there at that time! Apologies that the main focus is stuff with flappy bits and string!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKfe4L2i1_I

Not sure if the link will work but you can always cut and paste. I do not claim to be the best pilot of these damn things!!!

Regards

Chris

Last edited:

elton

www.boatit.co.uk
For those that are interested finally managed to pluck up the courage and fly the quadcopter at Salcombe. Was shot on the 15/7/13 if anyone else was there at that time! Apologies that the main focus is stuff with flappy bits and string!

Not sure if the link will work but you can always cut and paste. I do not claim to be the best pilot of these damn things!!!

Regards

Chris
Stunning quality in 1080p. Certainly puts my Syma x1 with 808#3 in the shade. Though my vids are a little more, err, dynamic :)

I wouldn't dare fly over water.

Cookee

www.bananasharkracing.com

Regards

Chris

I assume you're from the two yachts rafted together? My wife's yacht is the third one back upstream with red canvas - it's a Sigma 33, you can see it at around 1.08 - Thanks!

braehouse

Visit site
I assume you're from the two yachts rafted together? My wife's yacht is the third one back upstream with red canvas - it's a Sigma 33, you can see it at around 1.08 - Thanks!

Hi, thats correct I was the Hallberg rafted onto my friends Nauticat. Was hoping that someone else might see their boat from the air however briefly.

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk

Regards

Chris

Very cool. I keep asking SWMBO for one of these, but she keeps giving me eye rolls!

andy59

Visit site
Great bit of video michaf , one of the best I have seen . What kit did you use for it ?
Blue sea and sunshine helps of course :D:cool: .

michaf

Visit site
Thanks Andy, I'm using a DJI F550 with a GoPro Black 1080 60 fps and a DJI Gopro gimbal. I'm also flying with some googles on, getting the Gopro feed in real time. It's so much fun. I'm so looking forward to get some shots of the Abrolhos Islands, but for the moment I'm boat less :( I'm waiting to get our new Velasco 43 (ex voyage 42) in October! Anyway, time will fly, we're off to Europe next tuesday 'till mid September, hope the European summer will be better then it's last spring ;)

braehouse

Visit site
Could you expand on this, please? It sounds very interesting, didn't know you could do this? I've used the GoPro WiFi connection to my iPhone/iPad however I'd imagine the delay in the video would make flying quite awkward.

I would also be interested to know how I could put FPV on the phantom with the Go Pro2? Any ideas Michaf what would be involved?

michaf

Visit site
@ braehouse and @ 12Cardo You need to get the feed out of the gopro with a AV Usb out ( EX: http://tienda.stockrc.com/GoPro-Hero3-AV-cable ), from there you plug it into a transmitter that goes into your goggles. Fatshark ( http://www.fatshark.com ) makes combos with googles and transmitters. For myself I don't need the cable since I'm using a DJI Gopro gimbal. Basic recommendations for FPV:

- Use ferrite rings around the power for the transmitter, without them you will get lots of power noise going on your video feed. make sure your power pack fits the the voltage of the battery pack, if not use a BEC to lower the voltage.

- If not budget constraint use telemetry for the pack voltage and altitude.

- Use cloverfield antennas

I also started with a phantom, it's a great little quad! You can use the fatshark transmitter and plug straight into the the balancer plug of your battery, easy enough! If you feel like stepping up your can use the brain of the phantom for a DJI F450, just buy the GPS module, a spektrum transmitter and you are good to go, that's what I did.

There's tons of info on forums like rcgroups and helifreaks.

Micha