quadcopter for the impoverished

Cookee

www.bananasharkracing.com

elton

www.boatit.co.uk
There's a chap on YouTube who has linked his GoPro up to FPV goggles or screen and records at the same time - seems like the way to go and cheaper if you have a GoPro already!
I'd wager he crashes all the time. The time lag in the digital signal processing ensures he won't have anything like a real-time view.

andy59

Visit site
Yes , I've seen video of it moving around so that it " looks " where the handset looks . If there is a waterproof version even better :cool:

Cookee

I'd wager he crashes all the time. The time lag in the digital signal processing ensures he won't have anything like a real-time view.

It's not like the Parrot drone that relies on WiFi, it's a dedicated transmitter/receiver that is instant - Here's the video link: http://youtu.be/iHqpKrrvH9M Many people use this or a similar system and fly considerable distances using FPV

Cookee

Yes , I've seen video of it moving around so that it " looks " where the handset looks . If there is a waterproof version even better :cool:

There are different modes of controlling the Phantom, one is the same as the Parrot Drone in that it doesn't matter which way it's pointing, if you want it to go to your left push the stick that way and it will go in that direction regardless of whether it's pointing towards you or away from you. There is also a built in GPS and other sensors to measure the height above the ground etc. so it is capable of coming back to you and landing if it loses signal - not idiot proof but the next best thing!

There is a waterproof version - http://www.aquacopters.com/ - less is known about these and I'm not sure what they will carry.