Premier Semi-Lifts Lockdown

dom

Visit site
Copy of email received today below. Can visit but not stay in marina overnight. Possibly okay to say at anchor somewhere subject to local harbour restrictions:

"Dear Berth Holder,

We are delighted that the Prime Minister announced an easing of the lockdown restrictions on Sunday evening. This means that from tomorrow, 13th May 2020, you will be able to visit your boat and the marina. At the time of writing, most ports and harbours are restricting access for recreational craft under a local notice to mariners. We are aware that this situation is being reviewed and we are hopeful that this position will be revised. We will write to you as soon as we have further information.

Many of the previously announced lockdown restrictions remain in place and we would ask you all to follow the social distancing guidelines when you visit the marina. Please be aware that the updated legislation on travel does not permit overnight stays and we would therefore ask you not to stay overnight on board your boat in the marina. It is in all of our interests to respect and follow both the spirit and letter of the legislation. Note that those informally residing aboard at the date the lockdown was implemented and who have confirmed to us that this is the case, may continue to do so, as is required by the legislation.

As and when you visit, you will find that we have social distancing protocols and hygiene equipment in place and we have also increased the cleaning regimes for our ablution facilities for your peace of mind and to allow you to maintain your safety. Whilst our marina reception is closed for the time being, you can expect a good staff presence on site should you need assistance or you can call us on xxxxx xxxxxx

Our boatyards will return to a “business as usual” service from tomorrow and you can schedule your lift/launch via your My Premier account on our website or by emailing us at premiermarinas.com. Most of our tenant businesses are open for business and contractors with Premier permits are welcome to site to attend to your boat, as they have been throughout the lockdown.

We look forward to seeing you soon but meanwhile please stay safe and well."

steveeasy

Visit site
Well I don't keep my boat at premier, But is suspect where I do keep my boat will follow along the same scenario. To me it makes it impractical if not impossible to visit my boat and prepare it where I travel 200 miles to get to it.. What is the point of restricting access like this. The legislation they refer too is in relation to B&Bs and hotels, not staying in your own boat. Think they are just being difficult quite frankly.

Steveeasy

steveeasy

Visit site
This could be fun, given I have been informally homeless since the lockdown was implemented
If you at the time of the lockdown could not or did not have a main residence you were allowed to carry on living on your boat. ie the marina or hotel could not ask you to leave. were you asked to move or prevented access to your boat?.
Steveeasy

V1701

Visit site
I myself have been "informally residing aboard" (the language they use around the "issue" of liveaboards is always a bit coy) for the last 10 years! An interesting factoid is that our marina (Brighton) is officially a harbour, how about that, bet half the staff don't even know that! Can anyone confirm whether Brighton berth holders received exactly the same as what's been posted above please - I did receive a text telling me to expect an email but no email (and it's not in the Spam folder either)...(y)

dom

Visit site
Can anyone confirm whether Brighton berth holders received exactly the same as what's been posted above please - I did receive a text telling me to expect an email but no email (and it's not in the Spam folder either)...(y)

Same here, I called up after getting that text assuming something had gone wrong.

ryanroberts

Visit site
If you at the time of the lockdown could not or did not have a main residence you were allowed to carry on living on your boat.

Well I have two boats, one on a strictly non residential brokerage mooring and the other in Guernsey. Am currently living with friends and would like to be on the water as soon as possible for everyone's sanity. Additional questions about "informally residing aboard" liveaboard stuff not helpful. Will have to see how other marinas respond / whether they are going to allow visitors, new contracts etc. I can't see how sticking me on a swinging mooring in Poole for a month or so is a huge risk to life and limb, but we are in strange times.

Last edited:

V1701

Visit site
Same here, I called up after getting that text assuming something had gone wrong.
I’m Brighton too, and I did receive the email.

Thank you both, I think I shall infer from the email then that I can go for a wee sail at the weekend, being as how conditions will not be challenging, as soon as I leave the marina I am at sea, and very happy will I be...:D

laika

Visit site
Can anyone confirm whether Brighton berth holders received exactly the same as what's been posted above please - I did receive a text telling me to expect an email but no email (and it's not in the Spam folder either)...(y)

Nope, but then I also didn't receive any of the other mails that people have posted either

Mark-1

Visit site

Dear Mr Mark-1,

Further to my email of yesterday I am delighted to inform you that the Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs has just confirmed that “all forms of water sports practiced on open waterways, including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority) are allowed.” We are also fully expecting that local Harbour Authorities will be lifting restrictions on recreational boating allowing you to get back on the water - but please do check with the relevant harbour authority before you leave the marina.

There are no restrictions on how far you can travel but the legislation does not permit staying overnight at a holiday or second home. For this reason we will not be allowing berth holders to stay overnight in the marina nor will we be accepting visiting boats.

We have updated our operating plans to ensure that social distancing can be maintained for our staff and all who use our marinas and we provide some guidance on how we will be doing this here. Please do take the time to read this information before you visit. It will help you to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.

We do appreciate how challenging this time has been for our berth holders and we value the loyalty our customers have shown. So as a gesture of goodwill, we will be applying a credit to your account*, equal to 25% of your annual berthing fees for the months of April and May. This “COVID-19” credit may be used against boatyard services from 30th June, or if you prefer, it will automatically be applied to your next berthing renewal. *The terms and conditions attached to this credit can be found here and provide further important detail to the COVID-19 credit.

When you read our COVID-19 Credit terms you will see that Berth Holders who have lived informally aboard their boat at any time between April and the end of May are not eligible for the credit. We hope that these berth holders will appreciate the additional efforts we have made in order to accommodate them throughout this crisis. The credit will also not be available to those customers whose accounts are in arrears without arrangement. We are providing a period of grace from now until 26 June 2020 for these accounts to be brought up to date so as to receive the credit.

As many of you are aware, Premier’s profits support the Wellcome Trust who are currently at the forefront of a variety of work that aims to mitigate the effects of the pandemic, either through testing for the virus, or by supporting research into treatments and vaccines. In offering the COVID-19 Credit we clearly reduce the level of support we are able to provide to Wellcome. So, if you are able, and feel you would like to, your COVID-19 Credit can be gift-aided to Wellcome to support their valuable work.

In conclusion, I hope you stay well and I thank you for your loyalty and support throughout these most difficult of times. It is most appreciated.

Yours sincerely
Pete Bradshaw
Chief Executive
Premier Marinas
01489 885000
contact@premiermarinas.com

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site

Dear Mr Mark-1,

Further to my email of yesterday I am delighted to inform you that the Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs has just confirmed that “all forms of water sports practiced on open waterways, including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority) are allowed.” We are also fully expecting that local Harbour Authorities will be lifting restrictions on recreational boating allowing you to get back on the water - but please do check with the relevant harbour authority before you leave the marina.

There are no restrictions on how far you can travel but the legislation does not permit staying overnight at a holiday or second home. For this reason we will not be allowing berth holders to stay overnight in the marina nor will we be accepting visiting boats.

We have updated our operating plans to ensure that social distancing can be maintained for our staff and all who use our marinas and we provide some guidance on how we will be doing this here. Please do take the time to read this information before you visit. It will help you to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.

We do appreciate how challenging this time has been for our berth holders and we value the loyalty our customers have shown. So as a gesture of goodwill, we will be applying a credit to your account*, equal to 25% of your annual berthing fees for the months of April and May. This “COVID-19” credit may be used against boatyard services from 30th June, or if you prefer, it will automatically be applied to your next berthing renewal. *The terms and conditions attached to this credit can be found here and provide further important detail to the COVID-19 credit.

When you read our COVID-19 Credit terms you will see that Berth Holders who have lived informally aboard their boat at any time between April and the end of May are not eligible for the credit. We hope that these berth holders will appreciate the additional efforts we have made in order to accommodate them throughout this crisis. The credit will also not be available to those customers whose accounts are in arrears without arrangement. We are providing a period of grace from now until 26 June 2020 for these accounts to be brought up to date so as to receive the credit.

As many of you are aware, Premier’s profits support the Wellcome Trust who are currently at the forefront of a variety of work that aims to mitigate the effects of the pandemic, either through testing for the virus, or by supporting research into treatments and vaccines. In offering the COVID-19 Credit we clearly reduce the level of support we are able to provide to Wellcome. So, if you are able, and feel you would like to, your COVID-19 Credit can be gift-aided to Wellcome to support their valuable work.

In conclusion, I hope you stay well and I thank you for your loyalty and support throughout these most difficult of times. It is most appreciated.

Yours sincerely
Pete Bradshaw
Chief Executive
Premier Marinas
01489 885000
contact@premiermarinas.com

Ooh - 2 * 25% discount so the same as 1 * 50% offered elsewhere. What now for MDL?

Bobc

Visit site
equal to 25% of your annual berthing fees for the months of April and May

So is that 25% of your annual berthing fee, or 25% of 2 month's berthing fee? Not very clear really.

FlyingGoose

Visit site
What a guilt trip , telling you you get the discount , but you can donate it to a 60 billion pound organisation who is fighting covid brilliant,
Stuff the fact that you or your family are using food banks or have had no income for 2 months and have large debts pilling up including marina fees , but please give us our money back
Well done premier what a letter I ll make sure I Give you marinas a wide berth

Bluetack42

Visit site
Well done Premier, I just got the same email. As a long term berth holder I am pleased that they did this in a timely fashion without me having to argue with them. It’s £250 for me, in line with their comms at the outset. I certainly don’t see why they should pick up all the cost, after all the boat has been stored & safe for that whole period, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have fully passed on all their savings & more over the period so are out of pocket. Happy berth holder