Premier Semi-Lifts Lockdown

Seven Spades

Visit site
Copy of email received today below. Can visit but not stay in marina overnight. Possibly okay to say at anchor somewhere subject to local harbour restrictions:

"Dear Berth Holder,

We are delighted that the Prime Minister announced an easing of the lockdown restrictions on Sunday evening. This means that from tomorrow, 13th May 2020, you will be able to visit your boat and the marina. At the time of writing, most ports and harbours are restricting access for recreational craft under a local notice to mariners. We are aware that this situation is being reviewed and we are hopeful that this position will be revised. We will write to you as soon as we have further information.

Many of the previously announced lockdown restrictions remain in place and we would ask you all to follow the social distancing guidelines when you visit the marina. Please be aware that the updated legislation on travel does not permit overnight stays and we would therefore ask you not to stay overnight on board your boat in the marina. It is in all of our interests to respect and follow both the spirit and letter of the legislation. Note that those informally residing aboard at the date the lockdown was implemented and who have confirmed to us that this is the case, may continue to do so, as is required by the legislation.

As and when you visit, you will find that we have social distancing protocols and hygiene equipment in place and we have also increased the cleaning regimes for our ablution facilities for your peace of mind and to allow you to maintain your safety. Whilst our marina reception is closed for the time being, you can expect a good staff presence on site should you need assistance or you can call us on xxxxx xxxxxx

Our boatyards will return to a “business as usual” service from tomorrow and you can schedule your lift/launch via your My Premier account on our website or by emailing us at premiermarinas.com. Most of our tenant businesses are open for business and contractors with Premier permits are welcome to site to attend to your boat, as they have been throughout the lockdown.

We look forward to seeing you soon but meanwhile please stay safe and well."
Nowhere does it say that overnight stays are not permitted. what it actually says is all FORMs of watersports (including sailing) are allowed. Anchoring is part of our sport.

dom

Visit site
Nowhere does it say that overnight stays are not permitted. what it actually says is all FORMs of watersports (including sailing) are allowed. Anchoring is part of our sport.

I agree!
Which is why I said, "Can visit but not stay in marina overnight. Possibly okay to stay at anchor somewhere subject to local harbour restrictions: "

Mark-1

Visit site
Well done Premier ... Happy berth holder

Yeah, I had a bit of a wobble yesterday and sent them a mildly snotty e-mail but, in fact, they've handled it well. They were reasonable to shut down until yesterday. When the rules changed they opened the lock gate at Chi at 10am on the day the rules changed & by 5pm I was out on the boat.

Good effort from Premier.

Lucky Duck

Visit site
Does anybody know if their fuel pontoons are operational, presumably the self service nature of the ones at Gosport, Eastbourne and Swanick should mean business as usual?

dom

Visit site
Does anybody know if their fuel pontoons are operational, presumably the self service nature of the ones at Gosport, Eastbourne and Swanick should mean business as usual?

They might be for berth holders only for now as they all have a fob which avoids all social contact. I’d call in advance to agree a plan of action.

dom

Visit site
How do you have social contact when it is 'pay at pump' with nobody from Premier to be seen?

It is, or at least it was sometimes the case in Gosport that one needed the red fob to get the pump to operate. Perhaps that was just out of hours. In which case there should be no problem, but prob still best to call ahead in current circumstances.

Lucky Duck

Visit site
Used the new 'pay at pump' facilities at Swanick.

Despite the drop in oil prices it was only 5p a litre cheaper than the fuel berth just downstream of the bridge at Poole last August :oops:

smert

Visit site
Used the new 'pay at pump' facilities at Swanick.

Despite the drop in oil prices it was only 5p a litre cheaper than the fuel berth just downstream of the bridge at Poole last August :oops:
There hasn't been a lot of demand for fuel for leisure boats of late, so the fuel they have was probably bought before the oil prices came down.

V1701

Visit site
I've topped up today at Brighton without a fob, diesel @ £1.08/L thought it might have been cheaper than that. No petrol available at the moment...