PBO - are they having an effing laugh?

Mud

Visit site
I'm seriously regretting my recent purchase of a 12 month subscription!

How to winterise an engine - in MARCH?!! :disgust:

Do PBO have a large Aussie customer base?

dash300

Visit site
I'm seriously regretting my recent purchase of a 12 month subscription!

How to winterise an engine - in MARCH?!! :disgust:

Do PBO have a large Aussie customer base?

Yup as I suspected a group of boat show groupies running an advertising rag!

langstonelayabout

Visit site
Glad someone else said it first.

I thought it was a freebie magazine full of ads. Instead it is a magazine full of ads that I've had to pay for.

It's a bit flippin thin this month, and still no-one has answered my question about who is considered qualified to check boats as they are relaunched.

Maybe I should stick to Freemasonry Today.

Binman

Visit site
I'm glad I stuck with Yachting monthly, my son buys me a years subscription at Christmas and I nearly asked him to change to PBO for a change.

Bodach na mara

Visit site
Twenty seven pages of adverts in 104 pages total. OK there are some small adverts on the pages of some articles, but still less than 1/3 in total.

No, I do not work for the company, but I think we need a bit of balance here. Tomorrow, I will did out some back numbers from the days when they were thicker to se if my suspicion that the extra thickness was down to more adverts is true. And actually, I quite like adverts, especially for on-line chandlers. Reminds me of things I need and lets me know what I should be able to price them at.

ben_m

Visit site
PBO publishes 78 editorial pages every month and has done for some years. Any variation in thickness in the magazine is due to advertising, or the lack thereof.
The magazine has been around the same size (c. 100 pages in total) for over a year - as has Yachting Monthly, as it happens.

We try to give readers the best value we can using the pages we have. If you have any articles or ideas for articles, feel free to drop us an email!

All the best

Ben
Deputy Editor

Last edited:

Mud

Visit site
Ideas for articles?

We have 'Sea dog of the month', how about 'Wench of the month'? Spice things up a bit! Any female members of this forum want to volunteer to have their photo taken for page 3 of PBO? ;)

Wait a min - I guess that would be sexist? :(

Jabs

Visit site
What about the huge grammatical howler in 'Waiting for the tide' in the latest issue???

Or am I just old fashioned?

Tony

NormanS

Visit site
What about the huge grammatical howler in 'Waiting for the tide' in the latest issue???

Or am I just old fashioned?

Tony

All that I see there is one spelling mistake or typo.
However, I have to agree, it does seem a bit odd to have a feature about winterising an engine, long after the normal time for doing it.

ghostlymoron

Visit site
I found a reasonable amount of interesting reading in this month's edition although the winterizing feature seemed four months too late. The time warp (March edition in January) also confused me, but that's not difficult.