Parts needed for an Old Cooker

rogersimms

Visit site
Hi All

Please can anyone identify this cooker at least 28 years old. One of the burners has disintegrated and I need to try and find a replacement. I only have pictures of the hob but I am sure if you know the cooker you will recognise it straight away.

I tried do have one of these turned in Aliminum and it was fine for a year until it melted

Thanks
cooker1295x221.jpg

cooker2600x450.jpg

cooker3600x450.jpg

savageseadog

Visit site
You could have made it harder for us by doing a close up of the hole in the burner nozzle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tcm

Visit site
Erm look, it's 28 flippin years old, so time for a new one, really, no? Praps a new boat too, and forget the cooker, and advertise the boat as "original" which everyone thinks is ded good, when in reality it means the cooker and loads of other things have had it.

Refueler

Visit site
One of the best sources for anything boat / camping etc. are Caravan Breakers ... they can supply for old, new, obselete ... you name it.

have a look through this link ... Caravan Breakers

Honest - I've found them to be marvelous at sourcing gear ... and at sensible prices.

Eeyore

www.yachtrhumbdo.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Erm look, it's 28 flippin years old, so time for a new one, really, no? Praps a new boat too, and forget the cooker

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a really helpful response is it?

In fairness to Roger, he is in UK and his boat is in Turkey so he posted the only photo's he had. For the benefit of others, this is the cooker in question -

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

Pehaps someone can now help identify the cooker and assist Roger to get his needed parts?

rogersimms

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. A friend of mine a couple of thousand miles away is at this moment taking a picture of the whole cooker. I hope that will help. The cooker is a really good cooker and the oven is just brilliant so i dont want to spend a thousand pounds plus for an inferior oven just for the sake of one perished burner, which still leaves me 2 burners.

As for the boat its an old moody but definitely not ready for the knackers yard at least not yet

Tranona

Visit site
Don't recognise your cooker, but you might try Calor Marine in Southampton. Peter there is the guru on cookers of all sorts - writes in PBO on the subject and has probably seen every cooker in existence.

ailsaboat

Visit site
That's my cooker!!!
Mine was given to me by the previous owner of my boat (not fitted) in a pretty poor condition, but it looked so much better than anything i could afford i did it up and fitted it - and like you, i think it's one of the best boat ovens I've used(as long as you've got the room)
I lived aboard for 3 years and it never let me down - anyway, i digress. I'm not on the boat at the mo, but if i remember correctly it's a Robertshaw - not sure of the model

robind

Visit site
Take a good burner to the local engineering works and have a replacement made ? maybe cheaper in the longrun if you cant source parts. Just a thoiught

Other threads that may be of interest