Paguro 4000 generator won't start

kashurst

Visit site
I rarely use it but yesterday decided to give it a good run for an hour for winterising etc. It has a Farymann 18W single cylinder diesel.
It cranks OK, but no ignition, not even trying. I always leave it with the water inlet seacock closed to make sure it doesn't accidentally get water in the engine.
I have turned it over by hand with the handle and it all feels OK - i.e. it seems to have compression and you can hear the air being sucked in/blown out etc. Suspected air in fuel injection so tried bleeding it - not much luck there. I cracked open the fuel injector union but nothing is coming out when cranked on the starter. Ran out of time for now for anymore checks, so....

Does anyone have a manual/wiring diagram available?
Any suggestions of typical farymann diesel won't start causes gratefully received.
TAI

Portofino

Visit site
Fuel solenoid is not letting it through .
So failed closed .
Clicks and energises when you turn on the unit , before cranking .
You could unplug it and put a multimeter across both wires to test it supply .But it may be stuck - so need a tap or strip or just knackered .
Perhaps rig a temp bypass to satisfy the thing runs for now .

david_bagshaw

Visit site
if anything like the farryman we had the engine had a fuel control valve.

when in stop mode the solenoid was not energised and the fuel flowed through it freely, so high pressure pump failed to fill.
when energised there was a small and i mean v small flow through it, with sufficient pressure behind it to fill the high pressure pump.

superheat6k

Visit site
I rarely use it but yesterday decided to give it a good run for an hour for winterising etc. It has a Farymann 18W single cylinder diesel.
It cranks OK, but no ignition, not even trying. I always leave it with the water inlet seacock closed to make sure it doesn't accidentally get water in the engine.
I have turned it over by hand with the handle and it all feels OK - i.e. it seems to have compression and you can hear the air being sucked in/blown out etc. Suspected air in fuel injection so tried bleeding it - not much luck there. I cracked open the fuel injector union but nothing is coming out when cranked on the starter. Ran out of time for now for anymore checks, so....

Does anyone have a manual/wiring diagram available?
Any suggestions of typical farymann diesel won't start causes gratefully received.
TAI
These links might be of use. Many of these are generic copies of the Paguro units ...

Mastervolt Whisper 4000 User Manual.pdf

Mastervolt wiring diagram.pdf

Paguro 4000 parts.pdf

Fischer Panda 4200 FCB Operation Manual.pdf

Farymann Repair Manual 15-18-32 W.pdf

For Farymann parts Diesels UK

kashurst

Visit site
Thanks for the advice and especially the manuals. Back in the UK again so it will have to wait until next year.
I will read all the manuals in the mean time. Cheers.