Orca attack

Daydream believer

Visit site
There are about 16,000 people for each orca.

Culling a whole pod with the associated genetic loss seems very harsh.
So at 16:1 that seems a very good deal to me for 15 orcas. Norwegians could come over and chop them up for scientific research, so nothing wasted. The Norwegians love researching nice fat whales

Last edited:

Bristolfashion

Visit site
yes if that was the case what were they doing near props in the first place. Hope they did not damage any expensive gear. Was there any record of such an incident?
I have no idea - and you certainly don't.

In Australia, whales are routinely hit whilst they are sleeping on the surface - probably the whales fault I guess.

How would an orca have any idea of the ways in which shipping could injure or distress it?

greeny

Visit site
Conversations evolve. Walk into any pub and meet a group of friends. After the first round someone will start a subject and soon that subject gets lost in the general chatter. The bloke that tries to stay on it soon gets known as the nerd and left out. So be warned
I hate to disappoint you nut this is not a pub. You're obviously looking for another squabble with someone so I will bow out. Your threats don't worry me. Goodbye.

Mister E

Visit site
A few facts
1 there is going to be no Cull ar all whatsoever.
2 sailing yachts don't have to be there.
3 whales live in the sea.
4 the government's are likely to take a dim view of them being hurt.
5 nobody has been eaten by a whale in these interactions.
6 whales aren't bothered about money.

So people in the area are going to have to learn to live with them.
Probably the best thing to start the cooperation is the cut down on the excess killing of the tuna.

capnsensible

Visit site
Orcas slammed into a sailboat off the coast of northwestern Spain on Sunday, damaging its rudder and prompting a complicated rescue operation that left one crew member seriously injured, officials said, marking the latest incident of the predators attacking a vessel in the region.

So here we go again. Person badly injured. Another boat sunk in the Straits. Killer rogue animals. There there never mind. :rolleyes:

cherod

Visit site
Everybody living in this country benefits from our heritage, be they black, white, Asian, gay, straight or Monster Raving Loony. If people wish to rescind their lifestyle please feel free to make your way to Gatwick (other airports are available).
Omg , do you actually believe that or are you taking the p**s , for gods sake man dont you realise there are many many people who can not even afford the bus fare to the airport let alone a ticket ?? How pray tell do they benefit from the colonisation , subjugation and he exploitation of other peoples ???

cherod

Visit site
Colonisation, exploitation and even subjugation are all part of exploration which is what has driven mankind's development. It occurs at every level from countries to men in caves pushing their horizons, it continues. There is no need to apologise quite the contrary.
What absolute rubbish , the results of previous colonisation is now coming back to haunt us , it is effecting all of us while only a very small amount of people are still wallowing in the wealth inherited from that attained by murdering untold amounts of colonised people

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Orcas slammed into a sailboat off the coast of northwestern Spain on Sunday, damaging its rudder and prompting a complicated rescue operation that left one crew member seriously injured, officials said, marking the latest incident of the predators attacking a vessel in the region.

So here we go again. Person badly injured. Another boat sunk in the Straits. Killer rogue animals. There there never mind. :rolleyes:
Just to clarify - it was an error in the rescue that caused the injury (the chaps hand was caught by the tow rope), the injury was not directly caused by the orcas.

Isn't the location of this attack around 650nm from the straits? I think I'm closer on the south Coast (I'm about 530nm from the attack site). Not that I'm feeling nervous here, but your geography does seem to have gone a bit skew whiff.

Is your statement "killer rogue animals" hyperbole? Or click bait!

billskip

Visit site
I want ro go paddling in the everglades, will someone please kill the crocodile 🐊

Then I want to wander around Africa, will someone kill all the dangerous animals please.....