Orca attack

cherod

Visit site
An example of hypocrisy with a bit of absurdity thrown in 👍, , those not in the immediate vicinity should not voice an opinion , so they have no right to comment on illegal loggers “ making a living “ by cutting down the brazilian forrests , or , local tribesmen making a living killing off the last few remaining rhino to sell their horns , or the burmese making a living killing off the last few oragatangs while planting palm oil , i could go on and on , meanwhile i think i might go to the seringity and set up a tour guide company , hey , nice way to make a living , eh ? oh and if any of those pesky lions get in my way i will just shoot them 😩👍 hows that ?

capnsensible

Visit site
An example of hypocrisy with a bit of absurdity thrown in 👍, , those not in the immediate vicinity should not voice an opinion , so they have no right to comment on illegal loggers “ making a living “ by cutting down the brazilian forrests , or , local tribesmen making a living killing off the last few remaining rhino to sell their horns , or the burmese making a living killing off the last few oragatangs while planting palm oil , i could go on and on , meanwhile i think i might go to the seringity and set up a tour guide company , hey , nice way to make a living , eh ? oh and if any of those pesky lions get in my way i will just shoot them 😩👍 hows that ?
You do go on and on. However, th9se kind of what abouts don't really belong here.

It's a shame you just can't understand the problem for the people who have to live with these rogue, destructive creatures.

Cheery

Visit site
Well if you did it would lead to your argument getting even weaker. Burma are a net importer of palm oil and Orang Utans don't live there either.

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Well if you did it would lead to your argument getting even weaker. Burma are a net importer of palm oil and Orang Utans don't live there either.
I don't know whether Myanmar is a net importer of palm oil, but they certainly produce it in environmentally dubious ways,

"Palm oil was introduced to British Burma (now Myanmar) in the 1920s. Beginning in the 1970s, smaller-scale palm oil plantations were developed in Tanintharyi Region, and Mon, Kayin, and Rakhine States. In 1999, the ruling military junta, the State Peace and Development Council, initiated the large-scale development of such plantations, especially in Tanintharyi, the southernmost region of Myanmar. As of 2019, over 401,814 ha of palm oil concessions have been awarded to 44 companies. 60% of the awarded concessions consist of forests and native vegetation, and some concessions overlap with national parks, including Tanintharyi and Lenya National Parks, which have seen deforestation and threaten conservation efforts for endemic species like the Indochinese tiger."

Orangutans were endemic to south east Asia, including Myanmar, relatively recently (perhaps up to 12000 years ago), but are not there now.

Daydream believer

Visit site
And ( well perhaps 😩) you can see where that got you
Well I do not have to bathe from the local river full of cowp..s skirted with detritus , then live in a tin shack surrounded by filth and c..p. Have rockets fired at me every day and wonder if my 9 kids will make it back with the water from the donated well 20 miles away. Mind you there are some that seem to think that I should.
Somehow I think I should thank queen Vic and co for their efforts of the past.
Or was it the Romans🤨🤨🤨

cherod

Visit site
Well I do not have to bathe from the local river full of cowp..s skirted with detritus , then live in a tin shack surrounded by filth and c..p. Have rockets fired at me every day and wonder if my 9 kids will make it back with the water from the donated well 20 miles away. Mind you there are some that seem to think that I should.
Somehow I think I should thank queen Vic and co for their efforts of the past.
Or was it the Romans🤨🤨🤨
No maybe not but remember your elders and betters and royals are living in their luxury from inherited wealth gained from the colonisation and exploitation of these people whom you so proudly denigrate , shame on you

Minerva

Visit site
Everybody living in this country benefits from our heritage, be they black, white, Asian, gay, straight or Monster Raving Loony. If people wish to rescind their lifestyle please feel free to make your way to Gatwick (other airports are available).
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Daydream believer

Visit site
No maybe not but remember your elders and betters and royals are living in their luxury from inherited wealth gained from the colonisation and exploitation of these people whom you so proudly denigrate , shame on you
No shame at all. They took me along for the ride and I am grateful to be living where I am. So good luck to them

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Colonisation, exploitation and even subjugation are all part of exploration which is what has driven mankind's development. It occurs at every level from countries to men in caves pushing their horizons, it continues. There is no need to apologise quite the contrary.