OK - you have the boat .. you later bought an item that far exceeded expectation ?

Bouba

Visit site
After slipping down the companion way steps while wearing socks, and badly injuring my shoulder... I fitted non skid see through adhesive strips not just on the steps but everywhere including the engine bay...at first glance you don’t know they are there but they really help give you confidence when walking on the slippy wood floors

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Those flexible adjustable necks work best if their orientation is down eg hanging from the spray hood, just like yours appears to be doing

Yep, and I leave the tablet plugged in the USB charger.
Very pleased with the setup.

As I also have a NMEAWiFi as recommended by @Refueler the tablet shows AIS contacts as well.
When sailing singlehanded in crowded coastal waters this setup is a godsend (not having to pop below).

Bouba

Visit site
Dog bowls with sticky bottoms ....for lumpy seas not 4 legged friends. ( Libby Purves brought to our notice many sea miles ago.)
…and all dog bowls in bright colours…especially the water bowl…nothing worse than continually stepping in the water bowl despite knowing it’s there because it’s a white or see through bowl on a white deck

Refueler

Visit site
I didd navigation classes with Charlie Stock in the 1970s
One tip I remember, when it's really too rough for parallel rulers, your forearm is surprisingly accurate.

An old trick was to use the hand ...

All fingers etc straight ... now place hand vertical so your little finger lays on the chart and other fingers above ... the inside of the little finger / palm etc has joints and lines ... use them as gauge marks ...

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
I didd navigation classes with Charlie Stock in the 1970s
One tip I remember, when it's really too rough for parallel rulers, your forearm is surprisingly accurate.

You've somewhat pre-empted my intended offering - a plastic fly swat.
1705676772371.png
Not only does it swat flies, but I used to use it regularly for transferring compass bearings, clearing lines, etc. across a chart when navigating with a chart in a holder on my knees in the cockpit. Like Zoidberg's ruler, it can also be used as a back scratcher.

Insulated mugs have also been much appreciated aboard, though it's a challenge to find ones that are both effectively insulated and pleasing in shape and texture to drink from. (If anyone finds the nice one with a fox image on it that was dropped overboard in the Dart some years ago . . )

I have an insulated mug which is also a cafetière or tea thingy. The mug has a plastic mesh filter which sits in the mug and is pressed down once brewed. Saves having two things to wash up, too.
1705676857649.png
(I see that one more glamorous than mine are now available.)

Supertramp

Visit site
You've somewhat pre-empted my intended offering - a plastic fly swat.
View attachment 170944
Not only does it swat flies, but I used to use it regularly for transferring compass bearings, clearing lines, etc. across a chart when navigating with a chart in a holder on my knees in the cockpit. Like Zoidberg's ruler, it can also be used as a back scratcher.

Insulated mugs have also been much appreciated aboard, though it's a challenge to find ones that are both effectively insulated and pleasing in shape and texture to drink from. (If anyone finds the nice one with a fox image on it that was dropped overboard in the Dart some years ago . . )

I have an insulated mug which is also a cafetière or tea thingy. The mug has a plastic mesh filter which sits in the mug and is pressed down once brewed. Saves having two things to wash up, too.
View attachment 170946
(I see that one more glamorous than mine are now available.)
+1.

I have one of those cups and it makes a a great ground coffee or leaf tea for one.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Ref the fly swatter, the pop resulting from a mosquito being zapped by one of these is most satisfying

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJFjnKh

Not half so much fun as one of these, though.

1705685785975.png

They're like a miniature pop gun, with a little circular swat (attached by a cord missing from the above illustration) to 'get' the flies. They're actually pretty useless at despatching flies, but could provide hours of entertainment, especially if you have youngsters you can assign to pest eradication duties (on the principle it takes one to know one? ;) ).