Of shoes and ships and sealing wax........

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Interesting weekend.....
1.Leak in domestic water circuit in god awful inaccessible place - still not located but narrowed down to two hose sections....result was oodles of gallons of water in box keel and thus discovered that .....

2. Electric bilge pump doesnt work. No matter - theres a manual whale type thingy fitted so will use that instead...thus discovered that

3. Previous owner had thought fit to install engine bay heating and mounted smart powerpoint panel precisely in way of fitting handle to bilge pump. No matter as I remembered powerful diesel transfer pump I bought when previous boat had a fuel tank leak so dug it out of the cupboard set it up and connected the power leads to the batteries and switched it on. Thus discovered that.....

4. Bloody thing was seized so blew fuse. Ok, getting ratty now and not in a mood to be beaten so opened it up (did remember to disconnect power first!) freed it up, cleverly managed to put it together again and even found a spare spade fuse tho only 15amp instead of 25. No matter, it worked and proceeded to make short work of emptying box keel into plastic containers. Thus discovered that the box keel is a lot more cavernous than I had estimated so ran out of containers but at least most of the unwanted water shifted.
Thought I'd better try and sort out the bilge pump next and thus discovered....

5. Bilge pump located some 12" down into box keel and mounted on 1" steel bar which was cleverly bolted onto stud at top of box keel with non stainless nut so nicely rusted and not inclined to succumb to my attempts to remove it.

So...bilge pump still to be sorted and hose runs to renew....thats going to be a bit of a bugger as they run under the holding tank and theres no bloody way I'm going to demolish the aft cabin bathroom to try and get at them.

Quite a reasonable weekend really.....Oh, and I met a really nice narrowboater at Hampton Court and passed Oudrageous moored up at The Anglers at Walton....

Oh...and I saw a rower fall out of her boat and get wet.........

Ramage

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you shout "Wash!!"? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DogsBody

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting weekend.....

<snip>

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet that made it all seem worthwhile!

BarryH

Visit site
This made me chuckle. The sig/tag at the bottom of B1's post reads "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." A typical forum meeting then!?

oldgit

Visit site
Do not upset him,otherwise he may threaten to demonstrate his prowess with his organ.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BarryH

Visit site
Actually seen him playing with his organ, hands ablur!......not a pretty sight and oh the wailing.........

Solitaire

Visit site
Good heavens Tony, a post of boating daring do such as we used to have on here - plus you seem to have elicited response from some original forumites! Whatever next? Most of the other forums seem to be filling up with irrelevant rubbish. Bring back the old days!

Oops, I posted on the Thames forum - sorry /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif