Newbie Seeking Advice

ClaytonDJ

Visit site
EU VAT Paid status won't change, it's not relevant to the nationality of the owner or the port of registry. Leaving it in Spain is fine.
Thanks Sticky Fingers - reassuring to know. Does this mean I can buy without restrictions? I don't want to use the 'EU Temporary Admission' arrangement since I won't be able to re-sell the boat whilst its under TA.

The boat is registered in Poland so I can retain the polish flag (no need to re-register). Are there any insurance requirements/implications of owning a boat registered in an EU country? I will of course check with my insurance company.

ClaytonDJ

Visit site
Thanks Sticky Fingers - reassuring to know. Does this mean I can buy without restrictions? I don't want to use the 'EU Temporary Admission' arrangement since I won't be able to re-sell the boat whilst its under TA.

The boat is registered in Poland so I can retain the polish flag (no need to re-register). Are there any insurance requirements/implications of owning a boat registered in an EU country? I will of course check with my insurance company.
There was a nagging doubt in my mind that a person buying an EU VAT paid boat who is not resident in the EU would bring to an end its Union status and free circulation in the EU status - meaning it would become non-union status and subject to import tax in Spain (even though its still there and has never left)