New build Sanlorenzo SL96A 2024

BartW

www.amptec.be
What a wonderfull boat and great project !

it amazes me how SL acheeved such a good looking vessel, while being asymetric, maintaining those beautifull external lines,
the asymetric design must give "huge" space inside the saloon, the inside must feel in another, +100ft league !!

I'm very gladd to see Jfm stepping in to Italian boat ownership, finally, :) (y)

as many on on here, I'm so thankfull that we can follow this project in such deep detail.

47GC

Visit site
The inside dining table is port side of saloon - 2m long. Very rarely used as you say- I probably dined inside fewer than 6 times in 10 seasons in previous boat.

The table is electric up/down and it slides athwartships about 200mm. D efault setting will be slid to starboard and lowered = coffee table for window seat. No dining chairs; minimalist look.

For laptop-ing it will be motored up and slid to port. For dining 5 chairs will be brought inside from aft deck - these will be “inside quality” chairs not “deck chairs” (they’re being made by the excellent Cocowolf in Derbyshire uk).

Renders below shows this ( except I won’t be having the 2 dining chairs) and there are plenty of concept images at this page (mine is along the lines of hull 734). SL96A Yacht | SL Range - Sanlorenzo Yachts UK

nw9V4Nf

Interior-salon-lkg-stbd-aft.jpg

Interior-salon-lkg-port.jpg

Interior-salon-lkg-forward.jpg
These renders look beautiful. Completely agree about inside dining space. What an office view when you need to get the laptop out.

MapisM

Visit site
No idea - will find out in a while. (y)
Looking fwd to hearing about that, including the alternative, should they go for something else - though at that size, I can't think of anything better.
Dead easy to connect a fresh water flushing line, btw - though it might be worth fitting the fresh water pipes down there during construction (connected to the onboard fresh water circuit, obviously), to make the retrofit even simpler! (y)

Bouba

Visit site
What astonishes me (after the eye watering sums of money we must be talking about) is the eye for detail…it comes from a logical mind and years of experience…it can’t be duplicated…in fact I wouldn’t bother, when I win the euromillions jackpot tomorrow night..I’m am going straight to SL and taking his build slot😎😀

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
Euromillions or not, you're not taking my build slot unless you buy the whole company, and good luck trying to persuade Mr Perotti to agree that :). You're welcome to the next build slot - call Nick Hatfield at Sanlorenzo UK :)

MapisM

Visit site
Euromillions or not, you're not taking my build slot unless you buy the whole company
LOL, I saw that coming the moment I read Bouba's post! :ROFLMAO:
Though I guess he didn't use "slot" for what it actually means in boatbuilding, but rather that he would just take your specifications list and ask SL to build the very same thing.
An idea I very much sympathize with, because I would struggle to think of any further/different customizations I would want!
...Maybe with the only exception that I'd be in doubt between the SL and the SD, for any given size.
Which would be a fan-bloody-tastic problem to deal with!

timbad

Visit site
The inside dining table is port side of saloon - 2m long. Very rarely used as you say- I probably dined inside fewer than 6 times in 10 seasons in previous boat.

The table is electric up/down and it slides athwartships about 200mm. D efault setting will be slid to starboard and lowered = coffee table for window seat. No dining chairs; minimalist look.

For laptop-ing it will be motored up and slid to port. For dining 5 chairs will be brought inside from aft deck - these will be “inside quality” chairs not “deck chairs” (they’re being made by the excellent Cocowolf in Derbyshire uk).

Renders below shows this ( except I won’t be having the 2 dining chairs) and there are plenty of concept images at this page (mine is along the lines of hull 734). SL96A Yacht | SL Range - Sanlorenzo Yachts UK

nw9V4Nf

Interior-salon-lkg-stbd-aft.jpg

Interior-salon-lkg-port.jpg

Interior-salon-lkg-forward.jpg
Absolutely stunning and thank you so much for sharing your exciting journey with all on the forum. Your attention to detail is to be admired together with your knowledge, it’s great to have you back. A great asset.
Thank you JFM

vas

Visit site

For laptop-ing it will be motored up and slid to port.

two more Qs on the table if I may John:

is it bolted to the floor? Cannot imagine how that would work free standing with the cabling for the linaks...
it has two sets of linear actuators, one to lift it up and lower it down and another one to slide the top, is that right?

Portofino

Visit site
What astonishes me (after the eye watering sums of money we must be talking about) is the eye for detail…it comes from a logical mind and years of experience…it can’t be duplicated…in fact I wouldn’t bother, when I win the euromillions jackpot tonight..I’m am going straight to SL and taking his build slot😎😀
Hmm .Money aside where ever sourced , for me I would change a fundamental thing .
Ever slept under a Velox ( or elqvialent? ) window - when it’s 9issimg down ? - obviously not ? Secondly the owner privacy re deck ies peeking into the owners cabin ?

So for me I would swap out the owners fwd deck house suite complex for the two lower deck vip state rooms .
Meaning convert those two cabins ( if I understand the renderings ? ) to one big space with a mid cabin feel for the owner .
Whereby wife could walk in strip and change , wake up as is , without fear of over looked .

Split the upper deck cabin in two ( centre line bulkhead) avec en-suites into the punters / guest / VIP , or what ever title you wanna call them accommodation.Let them be woken up by the rain and be pretty dam sure when bonking or what ever the passing crew can’t peek in .Social media aggrieved sacked staff and all .Nuff said !

Portofino

Visit site
Let me guess, would you also rather be a hammer than a nail? :unsure:
Ad Hominem
(Attacking the person): This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument. Often resorted to when losing an argument.

Stick to The point =owners cabin arrangement.

Tell me why I am wrong with my suggestion. Tip pass it by your wife ( partner in woke speak )

It is customisable remember.

Greg2

Visit site
Ever slept under a Velox ( or elqvialent? ) window - when it’s 9issimg down ? - obviously not ?

We have two Velux windows and quite like the sound of the rain - each to their own perhaps?

To my mind the benefits of having your cabin at deck house level instead of buried in the hull outweigh any perceived disadvantage such as the probably very low likelihood of intrusion from deckies. One of the plus points of having a boat of this size I would have thought.

MapisM

Visit site
Ad Hominem
No wish to attack yourself as a person, honest!
I simply thought to follow-up along the same surrealistic level introduced by your post - just for fun, you know... 😜
Ref. your fears, have you ever seen what kind of structural insulation is embedded in all SLs?
Or checked the reverse visibility (so to speak) of those glasses?

Besides, let me bring a couple of points to your attention.

First, in most if not all modern 30m boats I can think of, the master cabin is in the main deck, so obviously their buyers consider it a plus rather than a minus, and see neither rain noise nor reverse visibility as problems.

Second, I'm sure in Ameglia they would be happy to accomodate your wishes after seeing your signature on both a build contract and a fat advance cheque. But in your boots, I'd rather ask them in advance if they already built anything similar so far, and also what's their take on future sale value of the thing, with a customization like the one you are envisaging.

Cheery

Visit site
As posted above, the main deck master (are we still allowed to use the term master?) is furthest from the engines and any wave slap isn't it? I'm not sure the Velux (we have them) analogy is appropriate when considering a £10M+ yacht. Presumably there's a couple of punkawallahs holding brollies over the windows at night anyway.

jfm

Visit site
two more Qs on the table if I may John:

is it bolted to the floor? Cannot imagine how that would work free standing with the cabling for the linaks...
it has two sets of linear actuators, one to lift it up and lower it down and another one to slide the top, is that right?
Almost. It's all bolted to the floor. There is a pair pf linaks to raise it and lower it (with the standard communication between them so they move equally) and then the port-starboard sliding is done manually. There's a release catch underneath that you just click, and then it slides port/starboard.
Identical set ups on aft deck and flybridge (ie bolted down, electric up/down communicating linaks, manual sliders) , except that the slides on the flybridge are set at 45 degrees to the boat, and 90 degrees to each other, to shrink the dining table footprint into smaller cocktail/coffee tables (as shown on GA)

jfm

Visit site
Hmm .Money aside where ever sourced , for me I would change a fundamental thing .
Ever slept under a Velox ( or elqvialent? ) window - when it’s 9issimg down ? - obviously not ? Secondly the owner privacy re deck ies peeking into the owners cabin ?

So for me I would swap out the owners fwd deck house suite complex for the two lower deck vip state rooms .
Meaning convert those two cabins ( if I understand the renderings ? ) to one big space with a mid cabin feel for the owner .
Whereby wife could walk in strip and change , wake up as is , without fear of over looked .

Split the upper deck cabin in two ( centre line bulkhead) avec en-suites into the punters / guest / VIP , or what ever title you wanna call them accommodation.Let them be woken up by the rain and be pretty dam sure when bonking or what ever the passing crew can’t peek in .Social media aggrieved sacked staff and all .Nuff said !
Very much an each to their own point. I see this as a summer med boat, and anyways I could sleep on top of a running generator with a search light pointing in my eyes, so some rare rain ain't gonna bother me.

But you would be fine: this is a "common theme" layout on nearly all 95-120 foot flybridge boats, and all or nearly all offer an owner/vip cabin on lower deck, so you could have that. In fact, you could choose whether to sleep on main deck or lower deack, depending on the weather, if you wanted. The standard layout on this SL96A is actually 4 cabins. with a massive VIP or 2nd owners cabin midships on lower deck, and about half the 20 or so they have built use that layout. It's actually a €100k+ tick box option to split that VIP cabin into 2 smaller VIPs with 2 bathrooms, as I have done. GA ids below.

Splitting the main deck owners cabin into 2 counts as crazy in my book, but of course a custom boat builder will listen to whatever you want. I think SL would say no to this, because they have a line that they won't cross in terms of being associated with a bad boat, but I'm sure you'd find a builder to do it if you want. You would have to work hard on designing access to these two cabins though.

As for privacy in a main deck owner's cabin, a few things solve that problem:
1. All windows have electric black out blinds and roman blinds, controllable from the bed. These are proper black outs with the edges of the blind fabric in tracks and/or overlapping the frame, so there is no 10mm gap to see through at the edges
2. Nicely you can control port/starboard blinds separately, because there is no privacy issue on the port side due to there being no side deck
3. The roof skylight is delete-able at the moulding stage and several have been built without it. I have kept it, with electric blind running in tracks (so no gaps to see through) and electric open/close on the window itself.
4. The glass is that black stuff like in back of cars, though that's no use at night of course.
4. For good measure, there is an entrance lobby to the owner's cabin, so to get to the bed you pass through 2 doors , both lockable. This isn't standard - it's a custom feature I have copied from the one other they have built like this. This just feels nice imho, but also it means crew can service the bathroom while you're in the private cabin, if you want.
5. There's a starboard side door to the side deck, so you can get from bed to foredeck for an early morning lazing on the sunbed, without passing through the "public areas" of the boat, and there's a side deck gate just aft of the door to the cabin, serving as a "do not disturb" signal.

So I think you would be ok :)

Owner/VIP cabin on lower deck ---->
SL96-A-GA-4-cabin-version-lower-deck.jpg

Canopy Locked

Visit site
I noted in an earlier post that your crew has been with you a while (10 yrs for the Chief Stewardess?)

IMHO this says a lot about someone who is clearly good to work for and enjoys such loyalty.

However I just wondered what the crew said about the new boat and were there any conversations about layout / functionality etc.

Perhaps along the line of, " Ok Boss, the next boat must have........?" ;)