New build Sanlorenzo SL96A 2024

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Unless you're looking at the SX range, but aside from the fact that the smaller still is a 76', I'm not sure I'd pay the SL market premium for that type of boat, designed and built just because there's a market demand for it, rather than to build a great boat per se - which is what SL reputation/history (and prices!) is all about.
I think the SX range was a very good move from SL, for its huge success and putting the brand in the younger buyer bracket range, and for creating a bridge from Blue Game into Sanlorenzo.
It is also important to note the success of BG, cause in most marinas I have been this year (Liguria/NE Sardiina/SE Corsica), it if full of them 54/60/63/70/73.
They are dominating the market like 3 to 1, and is interesting that most of the competition with the exception of Azimut's new Seadeck range are doing nothing about it.

The only thing I would have done different with SX, but also with BG is that I would have offered a shaft option to them.

MapisM

Visit site
The only thing I would have done different with SX, but also with BG is that I would have offered a shaft option to them.
Amen.
That's the main reason why I wouldn't even consider them, but each to their own, of course.

In any case, if there's one thing I did NOT say is that Sanlorenzo made a mistake with the SX line.
They sell them in substantial numbers, and (I suspect) at higher profit margins than the SLs.
Ergo, they are absolutely right regardless of the fact that I wouldn't buy one! (y)

Skipper Felice

Visit site
Gotta love the irony of putting small in brackets, considering that if you're referring to new builds their baby boat is an 86 footer... 😅

Unless you're looking at the SX range, but aside from the fact that the smaller still is a 76', I'm not sure I'd pay the SL market premium for that type of boat, designed and built just because there's a market demand for it, rather than to build a great boat per se - which is what SL reputation/history (and prices!) is all about.
Well - we had been talking about a SL78 ... but I had to realize, that this is out of focus for our project. But we had been impressed by the dedication and professionalism along with very friendly people at SL. They gave us all the information, handed out plans and designs and we had an overview of the whole shipyard. They will build all you request (... and pay) In fact we were looking at an used SL 62/64 with some refit.

MapisM

Visit site
In fact we were looking at an used SL 62/64 with some refit.
I can't recall to have ever seen any SL64, got a link?
I mean, aside from the 64 steel, which is obviously in a different league.

OTOH, I know rather well the SL62, which has been one of their masterpieces, particularly the Mk1.
Not many years ago, in the aftermath on the global financial meltdown, I could have bought one for just about the same money I eventually spent on a DP56, and went for the latter only because myself and the admiral thought that the former was a tad too big for us.
But if you don't mind the somewhat dated lines, and the size/layout suit your needs, the SL62 was, and in some ways still is, a true best in class, imho.