Never thought I’d see the day

westhinder

Visit site
I hope I will be able to open the boat, as the sliding hatch tends to get stuck when the boat becomes too hot. Boat was designed and built in U.K. before climate change was an issue ?

chris-s

Visit site
But came back from boat cos it was too hot! Dogs were really suffering .
We were planning to head off this weekend for a couple of weeks, but looks like it’s delayed a few days to save the dogs too.
I did manage to get to the boat at 6 this morning to ‘load up’ before the heat started building around 9am.
I’m not complaining, just commenting?

Spirit (of Glenans)

Visit site
But came back from boat cos it was too hot! Dogs were really suffering .
I would havethought your home location would be a few degrees warmer than at the coast, where, in these temperatures and light gradient winds, you are assured of a sea-breeze. I live about ten miles from the Irish Sea coast and find it coolar at the boat, currently. No dogs to contend with, though.

jimi

Visit site
I would havethought your home location would be a few degrees warmer than at the coast, where, in these temperatures and light gradient winds, you are assured of a sea-breeze. I live about ten miles from the Irish Sea coast and find it coolar at the boat, currently. No dogs to contend with, though.
Actually, our home location was 3 degrees cooler than the coast this morning. At home the dogs can find cool spots in the house or garden. On the boat they can’t really, dogs are really sensitive to heat.

johnalison

Visit site
I went out for a short motor round yesterday. It was much cooler and more pleasant on the boat, even in the marina, Titchmarsh, with the light easterly coming from the sea. As I got halfway up the ramp to the car it all changed and became sweltering again.

Spirit (of Glenans)

Visit site
Actually, our home location was 3 degrees cooler than the coast this morning. At home the dogs can find cool spots in the house or garden. On the boat they can’t really, dogs are really sensitive to heat.
Yes, when we had dogs, we also had our central heating boiler in a shed across the back yard and they used to favour the area where the pipes crossed underneath the flagstones.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
One of the reasons we returned North from the Med is,
Because year on year its getting hotter,
So here we are anchored in the Kattendiep and not a breath of air ,
my god its bloody hot no really its hot , really not making it up its hot.
Christ its hot .
Did I mention it hot here.

johnalison

Visit site
One of the reasons we returned North from the Med is,
Because year on year its getting hotter,
So here we are anchored in the Kattendiep and not a breath of air ,
my god its bloody hot no really its hot , really not making it up its hot.
Christ its hot .
Did I mention it hot here.
The hottest I have even been on the boat was in the Rugen. This lasted about six weeks during which we got used to liquid butter every time we forgot to put it in the fridge. One day in Schaprode The only time I left the shade of the boat was twenty yards to the shore loos and even that was too much effort.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
The hottest I have even been on the boat was in the Rugen. This lasted about six weeks during which we got used to liquid butter every time we forgot to put it in the fridge. One day in Schaprode The only time I left the shade of the boat was twenty yards to the shore loos and even that was too much effort.
42c is what we had some days in the Med .
Cos we was always at anchor we got the odd breeze, but as soon as you dinghy to land you can feel the inside of you nose burning . .
It's not that hot here yet around 36c but it feels like 40 with no breeze.
We using all the trick we know to get air through the boat ,
We not having much luck .

Yngmar

Visit site
West Sardinia had a patch of cold water the whole time we've been here. Around 25, which is 5-6 degrees less than on the north side. Pleasant and refreshing to swim in. Air temperature tops out around 32 and with the wind blowing over the colder water, it cools down at night. Perhaps it's time to sail down to the Med for some cooler weather, Vic? :ROFLMAO:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
West Sardinia had a patch of cold water the whole time we've been here. Around 25, which is 5-6 degrees less than on the north side. Pleasant and refreshing to swim in. Air temperature tops out around 32 and with the wind blowing over the colder water, it cools down at night. Perhaps it's time to sail down to the Med for some cooler weather, Vic? :ROFLMAO:
Don't joke about it , we was just talking about it.
Oh Howard sailed in last night .
Bill about to check out to morrow and do the crossing

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
I've just had five days onboard, the things that made the saloon anywhere near bearable were window blackouts, a decent lorry cab fan, a fridge and several cans of Thatchers Haze.
Oh! and a 360 AH bank with 160 W of solar to support it.