My first boat - buying tomorrow fingers crossed (advice pls)

Bigplumbs

Visit site
My 3 ltr Mercruiser Engine which is I think the same as that one was left for around about 2 years. When I went to start it after charging the Battery (which had been disconnected) It started.

Hopefully your engineer is aware of how to Pump Prime those engines. You Push the Button on the Centre of the Throttle control and hold it in and Push the throttle back and forth about 4 - 5 times.

Here is a short video. They will not start unless you do this

Seastoke

Visit site
Well ask yourself if you was selling you would make sure it would run , or you are buying a hull only, and he blames brexit it was decided before he bought it, stay strong if it’s no good walk away . Good luck

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I am staggered that the Seller did not start it before you arrived or earlier this week. To Be Honest Tony If you don't buy it I think you would be far better with a similar Boat but with an Outboard motor. Outboards are far far less worry and potential cost

Bigplumbs

Visit site
When you get it turning over it might not start with at least 2 yr old fuel.

That generally is not a problem on these engines the fuel in mine was probably 3 or more years old and it started fine after I charged the Battery and pump primed as the video above

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
I am staggered that the Seller did not start it before you arrived or earlier this week. To Be Honest Tony If you don't buy it I think you would be far better with a similar Boat but with an Outboard motor. Outboards are far far less worry and potential cost

He got one of his employees to start it and they advised it was working.

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
PROGRESS UPDATE... after some troubleshooting ... sea monkey played around with the key and it worked... there is something wrong at this end which is a relief... she fires up ok ... really loud though but he said that's ok when it's in the water and some better fuel... I took a vid and will upload later... have a kids birthday party to organise now.... I have some EPIC additional news happened around the negotiation table too..... to be continued...

Screenshot_20220122-174158_Chrome.jpg

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Well done it is was a simple ignition Problem that would explain when it started in the Week. Out of the water they sound quite loud so I would not worry too much about that.