My first boat - buying tomorrow fingers crossed (advice pls)

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
I’ve a full cover on my bowrider. Best thing I ever got for it. You don’t get air trapped at all really, with the bow cover being on. Made such a difference to the use ability of the boat. The frames just fold back into one assembly, then you zip on a top bad cover type thing to keep it all together

That's looks pretty good and more aerodynamic than the ones I've seen previously ?? ...was it a custom build and how much ballpark if you don't mind me asking?

Bigplumbs

Visit site
So spill the beans... who's advice do you deem I should ignore ?

All I meant was you are getting loads of advice that will if you follow the lot cause you to perhaps do things wrong and buy loads of stuff that you might never use. The only real guide is your own view of the advice you are getting and perhaps the join date of people on this forum but that is only a guide as of course they may have been boating well before they joined.

My general advice is slow down and one step at a time. I can be very impetuous at times which Is probably why I have about 12 boats and over 230 RC aircraft including about 15 drones. With boats you need to see how you actually use them not scare the family, make sure people are safe then slowly get the whistles and bells as you progress. That way you spread the enjoyment and wastes less

for example I bought an anchor buddy and have never use it.

you are your own man so ultimately you decide

hope your purchase goes well

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Complicated BP. It wouldn't be so bad if retired like you, have some building work to complete, some land to sell, want to buy a decent rental, not sure how much will be left over, and that decides the boat budget.

Currently liking the S23, but maybe your S24. There. We agree on something. Now I'm feeling uneasy :unsure: , I'll have a lie down and give myself a stern talking to. Else I'll be subscribing to your YouTube channel next week :love:.

Not sure where you got the info about me being retired Still work that is why I have videos from all over the place On my Channel. I travel a lot in my work

If you are looking at the Sealine 24 footers look at the bathing platform on the S23 and S25 not good in my view

Last edited:

Bigplumbs

Visit site
That's looks pretty good and more aerodynamic than the ones I've seen previously ?? ...was it a custom build and how much ballpark if you don't mind me asking?

I have just had a cover like that made for my 19 foot bow rider incl the stainless work for £1700. It is a firm in Norfolk which is always cheaper because of the Norfolk Broads huge number of boats. In the Solent area the cost of that could be £4000.

The firm I used was Bailey and Stone. I was blown away with the Quality

Hangie

Visit site
Exactly, today is the day we all have been waiting for the last 2 weeks :)
I’ve decided to dust off my boat and went fishing on east Solent. 1st catch of the day not very exciting though

Attachments

• 8759A371-650C-4F76-9961-8A3EB15FE402.jpeg
    8759A371-650C-4F76-9961-8A3EB15FE402.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 34

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
boat condition is ok... needs a pit of paint... but engine isn't starting yet. Engineer is looking now. It was bought 2 years ago and not used since. Owner was planning on taking to France but then brexit and covid happened.