My first boat - buying tomorrow fingers crossed (advice pls)

paradave

Visit site
PROGRESS UPDATE... after some troubleshooting ... sea monkey played around with the key and it worked... there is something wrong at this end which is a relief... she fires up ok ... really loud though but he said that's ok when it's in the water and some better fuel... I took a vid and will upload later... have a kids birthday party to organise now.... I have some EPIC additional news happened around the negotiation table too..... to be continued...

View attachment 129027
Exciting stuff! Congrats.
Can’t wait to hear what else you’ve managed to get as part of the deal!!

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
Well done
yes it will be loud out of the water but not due to fuel.

Thanks.. it was actually the seller that thought the fuel would help make it quieter.. sea monkey advised it needs to be in the water.

Exciting stuff! Congrats.
Can’t wait to hear what else you’ve managed to get as part of the deal!!

I've always been perceived as lucky (albeit I don't believe in luck.. I tell people it's hard work and planning!!) .. but got lucky today..... ;)

Well done it is was a simple ignition Problem that would explain when it started in the Week. Out of the water they sound quite loud so I would not worry too much about that.

Yes and such a relief.

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
Could someone do me a big favour and let me know the actual specs for my boat? A link or screenshot perhaps... been googling but getting conflicting info... what I need at present is:

1) Speed in Knots or MPH
2) Engine horsepower
3) material is craft is made from

ps: Full name: 1999 Sea Ray Bowrider 180 3.0 Mercruiser (need some evidence if possible?)

Meagain

Visit site
Could someone do me a big favour and let me know the actual specs for my boat? A link or screenshot perhaps... been googling but getting conflicting info... what I need at present is:

1) Speed in Knots or MPH
2) Engine horsepower
3) material is craft is made from

ps: Full name: 1999 Sea Ray Bowrider 180 3.0 Mercruiser (need some evidence if possible?)
Try these guys they Sea Ray dealers and have been for years
Marina Marbella (U.K.) Limited
Universal Marina Crableck Lane Sarisbury Green
Southampton, SO31 7ZN
Phone: 44 44 1489 576676

Alicatt

Visit site
Last edited:

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
Try these guys they Sea Ray dealers and have been for years
Marina Marbella (U.K.) Limited
Universal Marina Crableck Lane Sarisbury Green
Southampton, SO31 7ZN
Phone: 44 44 1489 576676

Thanks but need in 1 hr for the insurance.... Good to know though as they may have parts etc ?

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
3 (material craft is made from) would be GRP

I found this too which may be useful

Sea Ray 180 Sport

I thought that too but kept reading fibre glass online ?

And the link states "We were surprised at how quickly the 3.0-liter MerCruiser got our test boat up to 30 mph." Doest sat that's the max though?

It did state "Max HP: 135 MSRP (test boat)" ... but the title of this article has "sport" in it...not sure of that's a different model to that which I have bought?

Boat Test has an article on the 180 Sport

Sea Ray 180 Sport | BoatTEST

As per the aforementioned to colhel, not sure of I have the sport trim or if that's an actual model variation ?‍♂️

Last edited:

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
How about this?
for the Engine: Mercruiser 3.0L Marine Engine Mechanical Specifications | Longblock Pricing | PerfProTech.com
To compare boat specs: 2001 18' Sea Ray 180 Bow Rider - Home (weebly.com)

Edit: Most Searay models are on the manufacturers site still they have a comprehensive list of manuals for their boats: Sea Ray - Owners

Maybe this? : 2004_180 Bow Rider Sport_180_Bow_Ride_Sport.pdf (searayweb.com)

I've got the printed original manuals with this boat and going through right now.. .. but its not a spec sheet more a detailed description of all the parts ?

One of your links has this... is this the engine I have? It looks similar in that pic?

Screenshot_20220122-211901_Chrome.jpg

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
Edit: Most Searay models are on the manufacturers site still they have a comprehensive list of manuals for their boats: Sea Ray - Owners

Epic edit and think that's the one.. Great link and they have spec sheets for all boats on there... epic share. I think they just give it the term sport but it's the same one?

✅ 135hp confirmed ✅

Was just doing a quick insurance check on a comparison site... was asking is the boat GRP or fiberglass... ... GRP is fibreglass ?

Screenshot_20220122-214519_Office.jpg

Screenshot_20220122-214535_Office.jpg

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
Have you had your Yorkshire pud and Parkin yet.

Ha thats what my brother asked... no I did not but I know what I am having tomorrow now... we went to the Scarborough Arms today... had a great giant chicken burger (had like 3 chicken breasts and bacon in it!!) ... and chicken and rice, lasagne and baguette, beef burger, spag bol, cheesy fat chips