Morse /Teleflex installation instructions

SHUG

Visit site
I have been hunting the internet for an installation manual for the Morse/Teleflex single lever control. Can't find anything.
It is model No TFX700SS. Side lever , red button for neutral.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

scottie

Visit site
This control was widely sold under various badges TX Volvo yanmar? Etc
You should be able to get the instructions from bainbridge ASAP Volvo Websites

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
I have been hunting the internet for an installation manual for the Morse/Teleflex single lever control. Can't find anything.
It is model No TFX700SS. Side lever , red button for neutral.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

I cannot see your problem, it's not exactly rocket science to fit Morse/Teleflex single lever controls.

As normal have a good look at whatever your taking apart before you do it or photograph it, or make a sketch.

At the control box end most cables are located in a slot where the sheathed end metal section is secured with a screwed retaining clamp, at the very end of the cable where the screw part is this again locates again in a slot and is usualy secured by a circlip 'and' the end lock nut.

The other end of the cable in the engine bay is even easier, if it is the 'gearbox control cable' it is clamped onto a locater plate from the side of the gearbox,with a small locating clip, BUT, this little clip has a locating grove inside it, make sure you fit it in the right place on the cable sheath section which also has a grove, the screwed end usually needs the nut removed and the round locating pin (usually SS) which connects to the gearbox arm screwed back on from the old cable (if it's ok) and the lock nut for when it is in it's final position.

When I have both ends connected up I put the gearbox lever into 'ahead' and then line up the round locating pin of the cable end to make sure it goes 'all the way', then put the gearbox lever into 'reverse' position and check again the control lever takes it back far enough, if the final position is not enough on either of the above then you need to adjust the locating pins position by turning it on the screwed end.

When all is working ok lock the locating pin into position with the lock nut and DO NOT FORGET, that the Stainless steel round pin that fits the cable to the gearbox lever also usually has a split pin or simular retaining it.

Good luck hope this might help
Mike

Bilge.jpg
DSCN1629.jpg

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
I have the instructions, unfortunately my scanner has snuffed it. I will try to photograph and post them up.
For information the 700SS refers only to the lever, the actual internal mechanism can be either the A700 (increase engine speed for gear change) or the B700 (no increase in engine speed until after gear change).
Give me an hour or so.

ditechspain

Visit site
I cannot see your problem, it's not exactly rocket science to fit Morse/Teleflex single lever controls.

As normal have a good look at whatever your taking apart before you do it or photograph it, or make a sketch.

At the control box end most cables are located in a slot where the sheathed end metal section is secured with a screwed retaining clamp, at the very end of the cable where the screw part is this again locates again in a slot and is usualy secured by a circlip 'and' the end lock nut.

The other end of the cable in the engine bay is even easier, if it is the 'gearbox control cable' it is clamped onto a locater plate from the side of the gearbox,with a small locating clip, BUT, this little clip has a locating grove inside it, make sure you fit it in the right place on the cable sheath section which also has a grove, the screwed end usually needs the nut removed and the round locating pin (usually SS) which connects to the gearbox arm screwed back on from the old cable (if it's ok) and the lock nut for when it is in it's final position.

When I have both ends connected up I put the gearbox lever into 'ahead' and then line up the round locating pin of the cable end to make sure it goes 'all the way', then put the gearbox lever into 'reverse' position and check again the control lever takes it back far enough, if the final position is not enough on either of the above then you need to adjust the locating pins position by turning it on the screwed end.

When all is working ok lock the locating pin into position with the lock nut and DO NOT FORGET, that the Stainless steel round pin that fits the cable to the gearbox lever also usually has a split pin or simular retaining it.

Good luck hope this might help
Mike

Bilge.jpg
DSCN1629.jpg
This reminds me of when I looked up my trusty Haynes Manual to see how to put my car's electric window back together after it fell apart. Glass simply not connected to mechanism, and winding wire unravelled and off spools/pullies.

"Re-assembly is the reverse procedure to disassembly".

Yes, it probably is, and if I'd been taking it apart I might have taken photos etc and remembered how it came apart..

But I didn't. It had dissembled itself. And the broken parts were in the bottom of the door. So technically correct instruction but in practice completely useless.

In my case I'm trying a first-time install of one of these morse units where it's never been before. No problem engine end. two cables, two mounting options. Other end two cables, 3 possible attachment points, or 5 if you include the alternatives on the bottom. One's the throttle. but there's 2 attachment points which appear to be neutral and two which change gear. The gear change cable goes to which?

James_Calvert

Visit site
I think it depends on which ways you want the control to select forward and reverse.

Assuming you want the gearbox in forward when the lever is pushed forward... you use one set of connections if the lever is mounted on one side, and the other set if it's on the other.

Just mess around with it until you work out which does what.