Molesey Lock Pump Out broken

normskib

Visit site
So that’s Molesey pump out not working ! next stop on the river Boveney Lock pump out not working in fact not even a hose and the Control panel completely smashed probably vandals so called in at Bourne marina and Services funny thing no problem with any of the private Pump Outs ! Only problem slightly extortionate at £25.00 for a single use of their pumpout services ?

Scapegoat

Visit site
So that’s Molesey pump out not working ! next stop on the river Boveney Lock pump out not working in fact not even a hose and the Control panel completely smashed probably vandals so called in at Bourne marina and Services funny thing no problem with any of the private Pump Outs ! Only problem slightly extortionate at £25.00 for a single use of their pumpout services ?

We often use Kris Cruisers in Datchet for pump out and refuelling - probably also for water these days!
They do full service and add a blue sachet as well. Obviously more expensive than EA but a much better experience.
Always worth phoning ahead to check availability ( not always available on changeover days) and they’ll help to moor up on their finger pontoons.
Really nice friendly staff

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
We often use Kris Cruisers in Datchet for pump out and refuelling - probably also for water these days!
They do full service and add a blue sachet as well. Obviously more expensive than EA but a much better experience.
Always worth phoning ahead to check availability ( not always available on changeover days) and they’ll help to moor up on their finger pontoons.

how much do they normally charge, out of interest?

harvey38

Visit site
You put a blue sachet in the holding tank, bit posh innit?

Time Out

Visit site
Old school grumpy, TURN OFF YOUR RADIO, TURN OFF YOUR ENGINE, no please, no thank you just shouting orders.

It's not school and we are not 12, I did have my radio on in the background, not noisy and I was single-handed so safer to hold lines than go and turn it off!

Sunbury couldn't be more different.

TrueBlue

Visit site
C'mon those are the rules as laid down in 'the regulations'
It's up to the lockie whether he enforces them or not - If the Gold Braid department were on hand he'd be on a fizzer or worse.
See what happened to another lockie some years ago for shouting at someone misusing a lay by.

You've been on the river long enough to understand

PAH!

Time Out

Visit site
The world has moved on though. It’s about mutual respect !

My engine was off. Just the radio quietly in the background.

I do enjoy sitting behind a passenger boat with its engine smoking right into my cockpit!

I may just go commercial and run the engine for operational reasons ;)

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Old school grumpy, TURN OFF YOUR RADIO, TURN OFF YOUR ENGINE, no please, no thank you just shouting orders.

It's not school and we are not 12, I did have my radio on in the background, not noisy and I was single-handed so safer to hold lines than go and turn it off!

Sunbury couldn't be more different.

Was it the irritating woman volunteer lock keeper at Molesey? Lives on a wide beam canal boat. Ex prison officer.

I had her telling me to stop engine however the byelaws specifically state that this does not apply if the boat is the only one in the lock.

Of course there is a byelaw which says you must do what the keeper says but they must be reasonable.

Time Out

Visit site
Was it the irritating woman volunteer lock keeper at Molesey? Lives on a wide beam canal boat. Ex prison officer.

I had her telling me to stop engine however the byelaws specifically state that this does not apply if the boat is the only one in the lock.

Of course there is a byelaw which says you must do what the keeper says but they must be reasonable.

No, both male, one was old skool by the looks of it, well the arm 'art' gave that impression!

I don't mind turning the engine off, the radio (music not VHF) does no harm as long as it's not blaring out. Happy to turn it off as long as I am not 'ordered' to do so.

Scapegoat

Visit site
The world has moved on though. It’s about mutual respect !

My engine was off. Just the radio quietly in the background.

I do enjoy sitting behind a passenger boat with its engine smoking right into my cockpit!

I may just go commercial and run the engine for operational reasons ;)
I have complained about commercial boats not turning off their engines in the past (2018) and eventually got a positive response

“ Thank you for your email, after we received your email I had a chat with a couple of the Skippers from French Brothers and Bateaux Windsor. They are aware that they need to be turning their engines off while in the lock, I have also spoken to the owners of both companies to make sure it is also coming from them also.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or experience this again

Kind Regards

Eliot Beagles
Technical Officer
Waterways Thames Area

Actionmat

Visit site
Has anyone heard what's wrong with it? Card reader or pump?
EA website says out of action until further notice, anyone heard if/when it will be working again?