Arzal lock works (Atlantic France)

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Hello,
in case anyone keeps a boat at Arzal, la roche Bernard, etc, or is planning to.
Some big renewal works have just been announced for the lock and related structures: preliminary plans imply the lock will be kept closed during two 4-to-5 month periods in the winters of two following years; they have not decided yet if it will be winters 24/25 + 25/26, or winters 25/26+26/27.
No more details right now, will post if I find any.

Poignard

Visit site
Hello,
in case anyone keeps a boat at Arzal, la roche Bernard, etc, or is planning to.
Some big renewal works have just been announced for the lock and related structures: preliminary plans imply the lock will be kept closed during two 4-to-5 month periods in the winters of two following years; they have not decided yet if it will be winters 24/25 + 25/26, or winters 25/26+26/27.
No more details right now, will post if I find any.
Thanks for that, Roberto. I keep my boat on the Vilaine but I had not heard about those dates.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Embouchure de la Vilaine : 12 M€ de travaux à venir sur le barrage d’Arzal d’ici trois ans [En images]

French friends keep their boat there, the marinas do not know anything in detail so they took the information directly from "Eaux et Vilaine" company.
Interestingly, apart from general maintenance, the aim is to create a system to reduce the salinity increase of the uplock waters with each lock maneuver to help the fresh water treatment plant. Apparently, lock transit times will increase a bit, but it will be possible to use them even during lower river outlet.

Bobc

Visit site
They did some work last winter in an attempt to do this, so I guess they've decided they need to do more.