Mikuni Glow Plug Problems

sjoukje

Visit site
I am having problems with glow plug failure on my Mikuni MY30 heater. Since fitting it in Jan 2003 I have 'burnt' out 3 plugs (24V heater), friends who installed a 12V version at the same time are now on their 6th plug. They have tried a Bosch plug instead of the Beru one supplied and this only lasted 3 days.

I have spoken to Mikuni UK who at first said it was over voltage at the plug - we both have marine battery chargers on all the time. The battery voltages are within the specs of the heaters even with the chargers on and on my 24V heater the glow plug voltage is reduced down to under 11V by a huge resistor. I am not convinced this is the problem.

I wrote a detailed letter to them in April but got reply, although they did replace the 4 burnt out plugs I sent them.

I have really got to sort this out so, has anyone had similar problems - and what is the answer ??

<hr width=100% size=1>

clio

Visit site
I would check the supply wire against specs. perhaps not enough air is flowing past the plug, you could check, does the fan speed up with the plug out of the circuit

<hr width=100% size=1>