Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Visit site
He loves passerelles! Although yesterday, after a tiring day, he made a half hearted attempt to mount the passerelle, and nearly came off? You can now see the gouge marks where he grabbed the passerelle for dear life??‍♂️??‍♂️

How did your dog take to the boat initially? Did he just jump on and treat it like an extension of your home or did he just sit on the shore and say no way daddy?:)

Bouba

Visit site
How did your dog take to the boat initially? Did he just jump on and treat it like an extension of your home or did he just sit on the shore and say no way daddy?:)
He was six years old when we adopted him and like a lot of adopted dogs he won’t swim. All in all he is very at home on the boat, he wanders around the deck whenever he feels like it and goes ashore when he wants. He has his own room as well as a bed in the saloon but he mostly wants my couch.
After a rough crossing he can be a little distressed but recovers as soon as we make landfall. He’s also a very timid fellow, loud noises petrify him (which is why a hunting dog was in a rescue kennel). So a loud party on a neighbouring boat or nightclub in the port means he has a very bad night.
But all in all he runs onto the boat like he owns it. Which of course he does ?

Bouba

Visit site
After a rugged 12 km dog walk, this is the rough side of the island

remember this is the dogs second walk of the day, in the morning he does a quick 10 km with his mother up a few mountains.
Tomorrow we are going home, but if the weather holds we’ll be back next week but might spend a few nights on the hook

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
So some slightly more positive news regarding travel to Spain..

After 6pm (GMT+1) on 30 March 2021 (5pm / GMT in the Canary Islands), while passenger travel from the UK to Spain will resume, entry to Spain will only be granted to those passengers who can demonstrate that their journey is essential. For further information on the permitted reasons to enter Spain and necessary documentation see Permitted reasons to enter Spain after 30 March 2021.

Martxer

Visit site
Travel update from Sunny Spain!

Q: Do you need to view properties on the Costa del Sol?
A: Although the majority of our clients are buying virtually right now, we are helping some clients travel to Spain and view, touch and feel their new homes, and in only a few days it looks like it could be opening up to most British clients too. We can provide a "letter of Essential Travel" if you are looking to buy a Spanish property. Contact

looks like there will be a way to get to the med this year

Bouba

Visit site
Travel update from Sunny Spain!

Q: Do you need to view properties on the Costa del Sol?
A: Although the majority of our clients are buying virtually right now, we are helping some clients travel to Spain and view, touch and feel their new homes, and in only a few days it looks like it could be opening up to most British clients too. We can provide a "letter of Essential Travel" if you are looking to buy a Spanish property. Contact

looks like there will be a way to get to the med this year
I think this is very divisive. Sure everyone will be able to claim that they are house hunting but what happens if they are investigated? And they can’t prove that they have the finances to afford one. Travel for the rich and middle classes only. Be like the old days

LBRodders

Visit site
I think this is very divisive. Sure everyone will be able to claim that they are house hunting but what happens if they are investigated? And they can’t prove that they have the finances to afford one. Travel for the rich and middle classes only. Be like the old days
..and behavior that perpetuates this nonsense for us Muppets. (y) :LOL:

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Quite right thats how it should be. We toffs never did want to share our aircraft with the great plague ridden unwashed, Bravo to Bozo for this spiffing wheeze. It looks like I'll be off to my chateau sooner than I thought along with Lord JCB. I always knew that being a Tory donor would bring its reward one day

Portofino

Visit site
All the posts I have contributed have mentioned MASS tourism , the cap locks for a reason .

Naturally politically in theses days of “ levelling up “ you can not openly close off the masses while letting the 2nd home owners go about there normal business. Hence the subtle approach conceived by the Sir Humphrey’s still swilling around Whitehall in numbers since they ousted Cummins.

Closing the doors in 3rd and 4 th class on the sinking Titanic to enable wealthy passengers to board the few lifeboats was a bit unsubtle back in the day .Times have changed .

There always will be normal migration , job changes, retirements, illness and other changes in circumstances leading to too and from with any European vs European nations .Life goes on .

Last years first lockdown I came back to the U.K. end of March only to find initially I could be trapped , but the loophole for re entry back to CH ( middle of the 1 st wave with unknown outcomes) was a “ agri “ reason .If you had to tend the land , trees cut hay etc .Which we did .The fact we happened get a nicer sun tan is irrelevant.

There are always loopholes , but are they ?
Tending to property , prepping for sale or let or maintenance is part and parcel of everyday life .
Sure happens to be in a sunny place .

We are not talking some 20 Million football shirted beer swilling council tenants heading for the Costas who are more likely to cheat on the quarantine on return are we ? They can get there kicks from Blackpool, Mabletherpe and Ramsgate etc .
Boosting the local economies while they are at it .

Then theres the phase “ because its allowed “ ?
As you know until it’s certain how transmissible the EUs new variants are gonna become in there 3 rd wave , any responsible gov is gonna put the brakes on a MASS mixing of its vaccinated safe healthy population into the huge un vaccinated EU virus soup breading ground for mutants , Mutant / variants that could runaway from the populations antibodies.

A typical 2 nd home owner is basically gonna duplicate his / her sensible lifestyle in a Sunny place and rtn and be obedient with any quarantine or other restrictions, tests etc .
That inc Stanley Johnson , and Deleted User ;)

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
We haven't seen our boat since August and on that time it's been sailed back to France by crew, had some pretty major repairs and them returned to spain. I've been stressing about it ever since so i think I'll get all the documentation together proving these issues plus the need to move marina and give travelling there a go. Silly move?

Portofino

Visit site
We haven't seen our boat since August and on that time it's been sailed back to France by crew, had some pretty major repairs and them returned to spain. I've been stressing about it ever since so i think I'll get all the documentation together proving these issues plus the need to move marina and give travelling there a go. Silly move?
No it’s not silly it’s property related , logistical etc .Just as you say gather put together the necessary paperwork to back yourself up at both ends .

Bouba

Visit site
Does anybody know that if you invoke one of exemptions, either to work on your boat or view a house, are you allowed to take your whole family?

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
What are you actually stressed about?
I haven’t seen my boat for13 months now and I too was thinking of all the dreadful things that could be going on inside and out. I asked the guy who has done my upholstery in the past to go aboard and video inside and out. All was well and I‘m now a lot happier and patiently waiting for a late summer visit.....perhaps?

Hooligan

Visit site
Not at all. If we descend into a world where everything we do is governed by the state then we are in a very bad place. Part of being in a free society is the acceptance that there are always those who do silly things. Some will say that under no circumstances because XYZ but if legislation is aimed at the lowest common denominator then we are in a dark place. This whole issue is coming to a head. Too much freedom has already been removed and in the history of the world we know one thing for sure - those in power hate relinquishing it.

Bouba

Visit site
Not at all. If we descend into a world where everything we do is governed by the state then we are in a very bad place. Part of being in a free society is the acceptance that there are always those who do silly things. Some will say that under no circumstances because XYZ but if legislation is aimed at the lowest common denominator then we are in a dark place. This whole issue is coming to a head. Too much freedom has already been removed and in the history of the world we know one thing for sure - those in power hate relinquishing it.
The most basic freedom is to be alive. If that means the state stopping those intent on harm so be it. I don’t care what their excuse is, because they have a religious cause, a political cause, they are poor, deranged or just want to party. No excuse is acceptable. This is a pandemic if it ruins someone’s gap year I couldn’t careless.
I appreciate that I am privileged enough to pursue wonderful activities in solitude. I know the vast majority have no such opportunity. That may invoke sympathy for sure but it still does not give anyone the right to threaten my or my family’s health

julians

Visit site
Think you need to read the law - the only acceptable reasons for foreign travel right now are all described, but I dont believe tending to a boat is one of them. The law refers to residential property and specifically buying ,selling and letting of, not maintenance. I'm not sure a boat could be described as residential property, and your reasons for visiting are not to do with buying/selling/letting.

Here is the actual proposed legislation , ie not some media outlets interpretation of it - schedule 5 page 70 is where the allowable reasons start

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Steps) (England) Regulations 2021 (legislation.gov.uk)

with regards to property it says this

Where it is reasonably necessary for P to leave the United Kingdom to undertake any of the following activities in connection with the purchase, sale, letting or rental of a residential property— (a) visiting estate or letting agents, developer sales offices or show homes; (b) viewing residential properties to look for a property to buy or to rent; (c) preparing a residential property to move in; (d) moving house; (e) to visit a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property.

I dont think a boat would fall into this definition , especially not visiting just to check in on it/perform maintenance- but I am not a lawyer.

The rules seem very tightly defined to me - it looks like there are not many ways of getting round it. I could claim that I need to go to my place in spain to get it ready for rental, but I dont have a rental license, so I presume that would scupper me if I was investigated.

Last edited:

mcanderson

Visit site
Quite right thats how it should be. We toffs never did want to share our aircraft with the great plague ridden unwashed, Bravo to Bozo for this spiffing wheeze. It looks like I'll be off to my chateau sooner than I thought along with Lord JCB. I always knew that being a Tory donor would bring its reward one day
I think there is a hidden sub-clause that your property has to be habitable....

If nothing changes then we will be using this travel rule to visit our place. We haven’t been there since December and there are repairs which we need to make. So we will travel with our heads held high and our masks on waving our vaccination cards to any and all who care.