Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
OK Now to be really cynical: is there any advantage to EU/Pfizer damning the AZ vaccine, whilst they distribute their vaccine at a significant mark-up compared to the cost of AZ, the latter having honourably produced at speed a low cost vaccine that can be distributed worldwide and stored far more easily, how very embarrassing....
This has been mooted elsewhere, ie that the campaign in the EU to discredit the AZ vaccine was orchestrated behind the scenes by some of the other Covid-19 vax pharma companies. No idea if it's true but has a ring of possibility to it. I'd like to hope not, and that it was down to the 1000-year old feud between England (sic) and France... but who knows.

Visit site
This has been mooted elsewhere, ie that the campaign in the EU to discredit the AZ vaccine was orchestrated behind the scenes by some of the other Covid-19 vax pharma companies. No idea if it's true but has a ring of possibility to it. I'd like to hope not, and that it was down to the 1000-year old feud between England (sic) and France... but who knows.

There was a news story a few weeks ago that the people behind the AZ scare stories were American investors who'd gone in big on Moderna shares which are up 600% to the end of last year. AZ in particular would have been targeted because of course they were selling their vaccine at cost

Portofino

Visit site
It’s pretty despicable if the rivals have orchestrated a “ diss campaign “ against the AZ .
Surprised Macron / Merkel initially fell for it , but another theory is imagery around Brexit Britain succeeds where the EU fails , it’s not a good look for them .
4 Bn + and a recurring top up feels big enough market wise for all the major players to inhabit even those with lesser altruistic inclinations .

If you run out of petrol or soap powder or loose your phone etc you do not die .

Visit site
Surprised Macron / Merkel initially fell for it , but another theory is imagery around Brexit Britain succeeds where the EU fails , it’s not a good look for them .

I think before you give yourself a hernia waving all those union jacks around :D you ought to reflect on the fact that the UK is still way ahead on the only statistic that matters and thats Covid deaths, 127000 deaths against 94302 in France and 75828 in Germany

Thats the worst look of all

Portofino

Visit site
I think before you give yourself a hernia waving all those union jacks around :D you ought to reflect on the fact that the UK is still way ahead on the only statistic that matters and thats Covid deaths, 127000 deaths against 94302 in France and 75828 in Germany

Plenty of time left on the clock , see Wales last night in the Rugby ;)

There are huge differences in counting , no unified method .U.K. chose corvid deaths within 28 days of a + ve test simply because its fast and accurate for ongoing comparisons.It’s all about fast reliable consistent data in management of a pandemic , you know when the call the lockdown measures and when to call the opening as well .

Outside the remit of this thread but German clinicians in hospitals are saying Germany is under counting .

It will be excess deaths when it’s all over if you are bothered .Secondly you need to % those numbers you have posted with population for any meaning full comparisons .

Rtn to the side topic it’s still not clear why at the time Merkel and Macron dismissed the AZ initially .Reason no medic , scientist , or statistician worth his / her career would dispute the results of the AZ clinical trails .They didn’t.
Then later the stats in blood clots ( another separate diss ) they came back for a second bite of the cherry .

Now they want it because the disease is ramping up uncontrollably at the mo .Incredible 180 followed by another 180 followed by a final supply 180 degree u turn dance .

Science outside Brussels in the RoW has never wained with the AZ from day dot .

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Plenty of time left on the clock , see Wales last night in the Rugby ;)

There are huge differences in counting , no unified method .U.K. chose corvid deaths within 28 days of a + ve test simply because its fast and accurate for ongoing comparisons.It’s all about fast reliable consistent data in management of a pandemic , you know when the call the lockdown measures and when to call the opening as well .

Outside the remit of this thread but German clinicians in hospitals are saying Germany is under counting .

It will be excess deaths when it’s all over if you are bothered .Secondly you need to % those numbers you have posted with population for any meaning full comparisons .

Rtn to the side topic it’s still not clear why at the time Merkel and Macron dismissed the AZ initially .Reason no medic , scientist , or statistician worth his / her career would dispute the results of the AZ clinical trails .They didn’t.
Then later the stats in blood clots ( another separate diss ) they came back for a second bite of the cherry .

Now they want it because the disease is ramping up uncontrollably at the mo .Incredible 180 followed by another 180 followed by a final supply 180 degree u turn dance .

Science outside Brussels in the RoW has never wained with the AZ from day dot .
Scotland and France were playing last night, not Wales.

Visit site

I'm well aware of excess deaths data and by and large they support the official Covid deaths data in European countries including the UK. If you are implying that some countries have been under counting Covid deaths I think you should have more evidence than anecdotal hearsay

I am also well aware of data on Covid deaths per head of population and I'm afraid the UK is still well ahead of Germany and France on that basis as well

I'm not sure this is the right forum to discuss this anyway. I'm told there other are other forums on this platform including a Covid forum, which I dont have access to, but I think this conversation is probably best left to that forum

Btw does anyone know how you get access to these other forums?

Seastoke

Visit site
I'm well aware of excess deaths data and by and large they support the official Covid deaths data in European countries including the UK. If you are implying that some countries have been under counting Covid deaths I think you should have more evidence than anecdotal hearsay

I am also well aware of data on Covid deaths per head of population and I'm afraid the UK is still well ahead of Germany and France on that basis as well

I'm not sure this is the right forum to discuss this anyway. I'm told there other are other forums on this platform including a Covid forum, which I dont have access to, but I think this conversation is probably best left to that forum

Btw does anyone know how you get access to these other forums?
Why did you change your name.

Bouba

Visit site
Anyhow, it’s all part of my new philosophy, if you can’t go where you want, look for treasures in your backyard

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Just seen this in the “Independent” for those thinking the 90 day rule may be ignored. Deportation, as in the US, could mean refused entry into the EU in the future.

A sunny life in Spain has been turned on its head for many British nationals, who must return to the UK due to new post-Brexit regulations.

Those who do not want to apply for Spanish resident status must return home to Britain, as EU freedom of movement laws no longer apply.

If a Brit wishes to forego legal registration, or is rejected, they must leave Spain by 31 March or they will be deemed an illegal immigrant, with the potential risk of deportation.

Spanish police reportedly expect to begin deportation action for up to 500 British citizens within the first week.

John100156

Visit site

UK most definitely should flag waive, anyone suggesting otherwise is in denial IMHO. Lets give it a month or two, and then compare UK deaths per 100,000 population with say France and Germany... Only time will tell.

Not that I would want ANY other country to do worse than the UK, I would be very happy to waive their flags if they do better. The way the EU has acted is almost criminal IMO.