May Day Bank Hol Weather

Steve Grubb

Visit site
I hope the rain forecast for tomorrow stays east so that it doesn't lead to red boards coming back out, we need to move our boat fro Reading to Walton next weekend!

CX54WEK

Visit site
Sods law. We look set to have a nice bank holiday weekend and we can't be on the boat.

Instead we are driving up to Scotland to see family. Mind you the scenery will make up for it in the sunshine.

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Just booked two nights stay in Penton Hook marina (sat / sun), the plan is to leave Bray on Saturday and stay overnight, then a trip out on Sunday to Hampton Court way, before returning back to Penton Hook for sunday night.
the forecast looks good for the weekend, although I did think that the evening temps might be a bit chilly, so by traveling that way and staying in a marina, at least we can plug the heater on!

No Regrets

Visit site
A nicer trip would be to spend one night at Staines, with lots of places to eat (3hrs 4 locks) and one at Hampton Court (3 odd hours) rather than Penton Hook which is dead, and devoid of things to see!?

It'll be very warm during the day. Both free moorings, with loads of things to do and see! Slug and Lettuce at Staines is cheap as chips, Mezzet at Hampton court is amazing... :encouragement:

We will be at Staines on Friday night and Shepperton on Saturday en masse :cool:

CX54WEK

Visit site
Just booked two nights stay in Penton Hook marina (sat / sun), the plan is to leave Bray on Saturday and stay overnight, then a trip out on Sunday to Hampton Court way, before returning back to Penton Hook for sunday night.
the forecast looks good for the weekend, although I did think that the evening temps might be a bit chilly, so by traveling that way and staying in a marina, at least we can plug the heater on!

I take it you don't have diesel heating on board then?

Get it fitted if not. Stops you being reliant on marinas for heat!!!

No Regrets

Visit site
I take it you don't have diesel heating on board then?

Get it fitted if not. Stops you being reliant on marinas for heat!!!

My mate Patrick used to just leave his engines running with the floor up! God I miss Patrick... :ambivalence:

CXy is dead right though, just an hour here and there soon takes the chill off on a cool evening or chilly morning! TOG 13.5 quilt helps too!

CX54WEK

Visit site
My mate Patrick used to just leave his engines running with the floor up! God I miss Patrick... :ambivalence:

CXy is dead right though, just an hour here and there soon takes the chill off on a cool evening or chilly morning! TOG 13.5 quilt helps too!

Electric blanket on for half an hour before bed helps on chillier evenings as well :)

No Regrets

Visit site
So John, how was Penton Hook for you on Sunday night then??

Sorry mate, couldn't resist :)

Of course not, but we had the majority (8) of the club cruise boats to moor up at once, as well as some catering to arrange, and we bagged 'A' pontoon, all the garden tables and enjoyed a full English afternoon tea, followed by an evening of great company with 21 members, and plenty of Hot Dogs! We met up with the Commodores of PHYC and AMYC and quite a few others while we enjoyed our impromptu BBQ, on the basis we could not guarantee moorings for our fellow club members who deserve being treated properly and shown a good time :encouragement:

I wouldn't go to PH on my own unless there was no alternative however...

The clique went elsewhere, I gather? :p

Sorry mate, couldn't resist :cool:

Brayman

Visit site
Of course not, but we had the majority (8) of the club cruise boats to moor up at once, as well as some catering to arrange, and we bagged 'A' pontoon, all the garden tables and enjoyed a full English afternoon tea, followed by an evening of great company with 21 members, and plenty of Hot Dogs! We met up with the Commodores of PHYC and AMYC and quite a few others while we enjoyed our impromptu BBQ, on the basis we could not guarantee moorings for our fellow club members who deserve being treated properly and shown a good time :encouragement:

Clique? In BCC, surely not! :)

DogsBody

Visit site

Touché!

I fully agree, taking the club cruise to PH on the Sunday was the only workable solution, given the mooring issues at the weekend, I just didn't want to move and so spent Saturday & Sunday on the same mooring. Nick cooked a lovely roast beef and pulled pork dinner, which we all enjoyed on our aft deck :)