Marina deals at Southampton Boat Show

Gixer

Visit site
I’ve been going to the boat show for years but never noticed if the big marina brands are there. Looking at the exhibitor list it’s a no but I’m sure I remember seeing them there?

Anyone remember seeing Premier or Boatfolk at the show and if so, did they have show offers?

Thanks

Concerto

Visit site
MDL have taken some hotel space at Ocean Village, where they have their head office a short walk away.
Boatfolk definitely there last year as I complained about the condition of the gents toilets at Eastbourne Marina, and subsequently was told that they should have be upgraded for this year.
Cannot remember seeing Premier last year.
In Ocean Hall were a number of ports with marinas like Dover, St Katherines, Plymouth Yacht Haven, plus the Channel Island and some French ports.

Chris CJ

Visit site
Boatfolk had an excellent stand with some very interesting talks as well as refreshments. Eastbourne marina is not a boatfolk marina

Concerto

Visit site
Thanks, do you guys remember seeing if they had offers?
I very much doubt they will have any offers as there does seem to be an excess of demand especially for 40ft+, so they try and charge what they think they can get away with. MDL used to be notorious doing this, some of their marinas are very expensive to berth in. Some 8 years ago I asked about moving from their Chatham marina to Ocean village. I had been paying just under £3400 and they quoted me £8500! Ouch. Currently my berth has risen to £4200, but when I enquired last year about possibly moving to Comwy Marina in N Wales, I had a shock. Instead of 24 hour access, I found it was only a maximum of 2 hours either side of HW. Also it was £900 more expensive and had a long waiting list. In October Concerto will be moving to Pwllheli as I have moved from Kent to Cheshire. Access here is better at 4 to 4½ hours either side of HW.

Lucky Duck

Visit site
The ‘boatfolk’ proposition at that time of year has been to offer the following year’s berthing at the current rates provided you paid in full shortly afterwards.

Like most places they offer a referral incentive but I think they now say it only applies if the referee hasn’t spoken to them beforehand

Gixer

Visit site
Thanks guys.

That’s what I’m thinking, I might sign up in the next few weeks but would kick myself if there were offers at SBS.