Very slow leak

onesea

Visit site
Sounds daft, trip to plumbers merchant or B&Q go play with some plumbing fittings. They are not always obvious how they work.
I would be tempted to bight the bullet and take off the hoses, take the fitting off clean and re seat the whole fitting, with liberal amounts of PTFE. Then you could always put something under it and wait till the winter.

For your rusty keel bolt, I would suggest light wire brush then Fertan. Might take a couple of efforts but it will stop the rust.

scurr

Visit site
So I’ve stopped the leak from the fitting, but I’m still getting water coming from underneath. May be simply was was already pooled, but if not suspect I need a new heater as it is leaking. Annoying. Running out of time this weekend to yank it and inspect. So that will be next weekends task. So will drain it before I go to get out what I can.

For the keel bolt, the surveyor suggested wire brush and fogging oil or grease. As is I got some lanacote

onesea

Visit site
For the keel bolt, the surveyor suggested wire brush and fogging oil or grease. As is I got some lanacote
Google Fertan or rust converter, all the same give or take. They do stop rust.

I used it on steel bilge plates, I once got the comment by a sceptic I have wasted £100's on epoxy.

seumask

Visit site
On our 2001 SO 37 with rusty keel bolts I wire brushed them by hand and painted with several coats of " Galvafroid" similar to this linkhttps://tools-paint.com/galvafroid-zinc-rich-cold-galvanising-coating-2224-p.asp .THey are looking good 3 years later.

On Leaks in the SO 37 I think I have nearly got there. Nothing too serious , replaced the over pressure valve 2 years ago , but the Saloon Windows turned out to be the main problem. Currently temporarily fixed with application of Sika flex to external edges but expect I will need to remove and rebedd the windows.

Deck shower also a culprit for leaks and replaced in shower head after it cracked under frost!

Good luck

Clancy Moped

Visit site
On our 2001 SO 37 with rusty keel bolts I wire brushed them by hand and painted with several coats of " Galvafroid" similar to this linkhttps://tools-paint.com/galvafroid-zinc-rich-cold-galvanising-coating-2224-p.asp .THey are looking good 3 years later.

On Leaks in the SO 37 I think I have nearly got there. Nothing too serious , replaced the over pressure valve 2 years ago , but the Saloon Windows turned out to be the main problem. Currently temporarily fixed with application of Sika flex to external edges but expect I will need to remove and rebedd the windows.

Deck shower also a culprit for leaks and replaced in shower head after it cracked under frost!

Good luck
Our was of the same vintage and agree the transom shower was forever leaking, I replaced it with a domestic one, problem sorted