Making my post retirement sailing plans!

johnalison

Visit site
Keep cash under the bed as funds in ths bank are easily found.l have to pay for mu oan health care now um home. And cozt over the past 6months ewuates to 7k pkunds. In thiz so cslled erlfRe state. I was discharged fron hospjtal unabls to stNd or walm. Due to inadiahate pbysio. So needed geslth careat homeas i had savings in excess of23'250i have to fund own carethe local social servicws arrange this packafe and add a 400 00 arangement fee on top. Bastids . I am a local council tax paysr of many yrs standing plus now virfually disavledqnd housebound.i hope yr retirement goes well1
Many of us have had to fork out for what we should have got for free. On the whole I’ve been lucky but ten years ago got into trouble with a second disc, which cost me a bit. The GP insisted on going through the NHS protocol for backache, which started with weeks going to a physio or, God help us, an osteoquack. A private orthopod soon sussed out the problem with the help of an MRI and put me almost right with an epidural/facet injection. I didn’t mind paying for the op but there used to be a tradition that medical professionals treated their colleagues for free, even if retired. £2,500 was not an outrageous amount but a small discount would have been nice.

How did you know what I keep under my bed?

Skellum

Visit site
With our plans to fly back to HK thwarted by the Hamster Killers banning flights from The UK we took advantage of our extended stay to take a drive round the Orwell yesterday to get a feel for the place. We stopped by at Fox’s, Woolverstone / RHYC, Shotley and SYH. I’m pleased to report that Mrs Skellum could see herself enjoying sailing on the east coast, so all good. The Adnams at RHYC was excellent.

Skellum

Visit site
Splendid news! If you would care to join my gentle campaign to introduce the two standard RHKYC drinks - the Gunner in summer and the Hoi Loong in winter - to the bar at the RHYC I’d be delighted.
D421EF91-DF70-4A09-A056-306D260D9512.jpeg
A Hoi Loong isn’t a bad option for cold day. Much as I enjoy a Gunner when it’s hot I’m afraid it comes a distant second to a pint of Adnams.

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
View attachment 129911
A Hoi Loong isn’t a bad option for cold day. Much as I enjoy a Gunner when it’s hot I’m afraid it comes a distant second to a pint of Adnams.

Oh the Hoi Loong and the Gunner are only for extremes of temperature! Adnams’ or indeed Woodforde’s are best for temperate weather!