Mailspeed Marine

catalac

Visit site
Hi there Is anybody else having a problem with Mailspeed Marine? I tried to place an order on 20th February for delivery in March, but had trouble with their website. I phoned the order through, then contacted them again later because I was considering modifying my order, so asked them to put it on hold , to which they said there was no problem. Looking at my Credit card statement today, both transactions have been charged to my credit card! Normally cards are charged at the point of despatch, but no goods have been despatched. I have been trying to contact them all day, after a message saying that I was being put through there was no response to my numerous attempts. I tried ALL their numbers. Now, trying all their numbers again, I get a message from all their numbers saying that they are unable to answer my call. Is there a major problem with this company? Can anyone clarify the situation please?

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
I gather that Mailspeed have made their CHANDLERY staff redundant in the last week or two.

This is because they have closed two shops.

However, I believe that the Mail Order side of the business is to continue.

Perhaps they now find themselves short staffed.

A strictly personal view I know, but I think it is poor form to take money before sending goods. These mail order companies do not usually have to pay their suppliers before they can send goods to a customer.

Many mail order chandlers do not charge a customer until the goods are actually sent.

Hope you soon get sorted out.

colvic987

Visit site
They were open today at warrington, average amount of people in for a weekend, i must admit that the stock level looks quite bare to what it used to be like, very sparse, unless everything in kept in the stock room now...or down at nec

Tintin

Visit site
I've just had a look at their credit report on a credit agency I use for work.

The figures on there are to January 2009 when the last accounts were filed (thats a normal delay).

4.7m turnover
0.5m loss
-0.569m net asset.

mmmm. Make your own mind up. Of course their latest set of figures could be amazing, and the past is no indicator of future performance.

rgds
chris

dratsea

Visit site
Hi there Is anybody else having a problem with Mailspeed Marine? Is there a major problem with this company? Can anyone clarify the situation please?

Thanks for timely reminder:

e-mail sent 17/5/09

I e-mailed you in March to ask for an apology and refund. I have had neither. According to your website Flag is £29.95. I have paid £69.95 for performance. (£69.95-29.95)x2 = £80. Could you please refund me £80 as a matter of priority.

Many thanks,

John *****

e-mail sent 12/3/09

Dear Mailspeed,

At the boat show on Thursday 15th Jan 2009 I ordered 3 tins of Flag Performance at £69.95 per tin. Your invoice reads allow up to 28 days for delivery. I left a message on 11th Feb (day 27) to say that I was booked to launch on March 11th and needed the paint by 5pm March 4th. No-one called back. On 23rd February I spoke to Ellie who said the goods would be in stock in time for my deadline. On 28th I spoke to Ellie again who confirmed the paint was in stock and would be sent out on Monday, to arrive by 1730 on Tuesday 3rd Mar. On morning of 3rd March I spoke to Richard who kindly offered to go to dispatch and confirm dispatch of paint. I got no reply. I phoned again at 1430 and it was confirmed that the paint had been dispatched on Tuesday and would be with me by 1730 on Wednesday 4th. It was not. I could get no reply on morning of 5th March but just as I was leaving to get my paint from local Chandler Parcel Force delivered. Thank you for 1x2.5l of Performance and 2x2.5l of the much cheaper Flag.

You owe me an apology and a refund.

John *****

oldfatgit

Visit site
This is disapointing. I have used them a lot as their prices have been consistently less than other suppliers and I have been very satisfied. My last purchase, however, was some months ago; if their performance has dropped then it is a receint thing.

tennisgirl1

yachtvigdis.wordpress.com
We placed an order for various bits and pieces on 18th February and the whole lot arrived just two days later.
In the past we have had to wait for things to arrive one thing at a time, but have never been charged before dispatch.

Sinc

Visit site
Just bought 3 chart folios from them - delivery 2 days later.
I would give them a positve rating.

l'escargot

Visit site
I ordered and paid for two oil lamps at the end of February. When they hadn't arrived two weeks later I phoned them only to be told their suppliers didn't expect to take delivery until the middle of April at the earliest. They processed a refund in a few days.

nathanlee

Visit site
Hi there Is anybody else having a problem with Mailspeed Marine?

I had a string of seriously, no, I mean SERIOUSLY bad customer service from them ranging from blatant lies to insane and unexplained delays. I will not use mailspeed any more.

tjc

Visit site
Spent £2k with them on the net last week. Best prices and the service was excellent. All arived with 48 hours. Exemplary in fact.

I have a feeling that the web site whilst owned by Mailspeed Marine is run by Friday Holdings

Sans Bateau

Visit site
The difference in service is easily explained. Those who are buying products that are in stock get good service. If the product is not in stock and has to be purchased from suppliers reluctant to extend more credit, you get a poor service. Easy.

tjc

Visit site
The difference in service is easily explained. Those who are buying products that are in stock get good service. If the product is not in stock and has to be purchased from suppliers reluctant to extend more credit, you get a poor service. Easy.

not so... only 1 out of 5 items I ordered were actually in stock. The others were ordered from SM Group - the Raymarine supplier - and Mailspeed even arranged for me to go to SM and collect as it was close to the office coincidentally and I wasn't charged postage as a result

BuckJumper

Visit site
Spent £2k with them on the net last week. Best prices and the service was excellent. All arived with 48 hours. Exemplary in fact.

I have a feeling that the web site whilst owned by Mailspeed Marine is run by Friday Holdings

Mailspeed are wholly owned by Friday Ad, the warehouse is near Crawley I think. They closes the Burnham and Wallasea shops last month.

mailspeedmarine

Visit site
feedback from Mailspeed Marine

Hi,

just read the thread about your various shopping experiences with Mailspeed Marine. Thought it was important to bring a bit of feedback straight from us. First it's great to hear so many of you have had such a positive time shopping with us :) We can't be the cheapest on everything (like any business we work to make money) however we work very hard to have prices as competitive as possible and above all impeccable customer service standards. (I appreciate some of your comments above, more on that a bit later).
Yes Mailspeed Marine has been bought by Friday-Ad and is changing as a result. It still operates as an individual business - Now with added infrastucture and financial support. We are working all working very hard to make Mailspeed Marine the chandler you'll all hopefully one day ALL recommend for its exemplary product range, great product expertise and VIP customer treatment. We know things are not perfect right now, but they are improving quickly and we are willing to listen and take criticism on board to get better.
For those of you who have had a bad experience, we take that very seriously. We'd like to talk to each of you in more details. To listen to your comments, take on board what you think we should focus on changing/improving and also try to make it up to you if we have dissapointed you in the past. just email us if you want to.
To clarify one last point: We have indeed recently shut 2 of our stores due to profitability issues (in Wallasea and Burnham on Crouch). Our Warrington store on the other hand is doing really well, hat off to the team up there. We're giving them full support ahead of what we predict will be a very busy season for us. We also operate a large mail order facility, backed up by an a technical team for bespoke requirements. We constantly work on making our website better and we'll be attending a lot of events this year starting with the British Leisure Show end of next week.
Hope that helps.