Kingsfisher #4

tcm

Visit site
I have been playing around with my radio equipment again, and came across the following message apprarently sent direct from the mid-Atlantic. A heavily-subbed transcription of this can be found at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ybw.com/auto/newsdesk/20030110095525ywkingfisherandrew.html>http://www.ybw.com/auto/newsdesk/20030110095525ywkingfisherandrew.html</A>

Dear Mr YW Editor

Thank you very much for arranging this nice trip on the big sailing boat. It is very interesting but I have had enough now, thank you, and I am rather scared about the next bit. Also I think I should inform you that there is hardly any chocolate, even though they promised we would have one bar each for every day but I have only had two bits of chocolate in more than a whole week now, not counting one or two pieces that I had from another person here on the boat. Another thing is that I have been talking to Topper, my teddy bear, for the last three days, and he would like to go home too. I am always hungry and they make me eat cod stew which is rather horrid, as I am sure you will agree, as I have mentioned before. So, please can you organise for me to go home. I have not asked Ellen yet and I am hoping you can do this for me too. But I think it will not be a problem because the boat will go faster with less weight, and my shrieking at night is waking up the other people. Also it is very hot on the boat, but soon it will be too cold and very frightening, especially for Topper. I can write more about the boat when I am at home I think because we are never going to be very near any land so it is bound to be the same all the time, I think, so I think it will be best if please can I come home, please, using the helicopter similar to the pictures in that safety rescue picture or another one like it, thank you.

Lot of love

Preecey (and Topper)

Badger

Visit site
Reply from HQ

Dear Preecey ( and Topper). if you can't tough it out, helicopter will take you to Poole to begin new assignment as Editor PBO.(Sarah Norbury transferring to Farmer's weekly). You decide which is the lesser of the two evils. Transmisson ends.

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Dear HQ

Are there meat pies and chocolate in Poole? If yes, I will start reading up on hi-line transfers. Auntie Ellen says I'm not needed now they've got the hard bit over (coiling the dock lines) and not to worry coz about getting stories for the magazines, she can write better than what I can.

PS. Please don't send a helicopter that serves cod stew to the passengers.
PPS. Hurry. The Southern Ocean is getting closer.