Just pictures

johnalison

Visit site
I've not much to do this afternoon while madam watches Wombledom, so here are some photos from this week. I was put in charge of a grandson, who is a novice, but with some time in the sea cadets behind him, which didn't seem to include a round turn and two half hitches. We did a sail both ways in the wallet in one tack, and passed Felixstowe before being photobombed by a black-headed gull in Hamford Water.
P1130760.jpgP1130768.jpgP1130797.jpg

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Yes she is and yes they are.

Are you tempted to go down the same route for your own lovely Nic ?

I recently came across a large new yacht which had been vinyl wrapped in dark blue. Underneath is white gelcoat. The owner likes blue but was concerned about the resale value at a later date. If I ever wanted to have topsides done I would be very tempted to give it a go. Boat Wraps | Boat Wrapping UK | Yacht Wraps UK

The transformation after just a day or two would be wonder to behold. :)

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Are you tempted to go down the same route for your own lovely Nic ?

I recently came across a large new yacht which had been vinyl wrapped in dark blue. Underneath is white gelcoat. The owner likes blue but was concerned about the resale value at a later date. If I ever wanted to have topsides done I would be very tempted to give it a go. Boat Wraps | Boat Wrapping UK | Yacht Wraps UK

The transformation after just a day or two would be wonder to behold. :)

You won’t be surprised to know that John did Kukri’s insurance survey and he reckons I can get away with polish for one more season. But the vinyl wrap idea does seem very attractive, and I’m going to drop them a line.

It will be years before I get Kukri to Dark Horse’s standards.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk

Concerto

Visit site
Every time I've been there, the sea surface has looked very ominous with swirls and upsurges everywhere! Was it around slack water?
A little further south the water was more disturbed. This was closer to the north end of Soind of Luing and the tide was travelling northward, so was wind and tide together but no pinch/split points close by.

IMG_5454 1000pix.jpg
This turbulent water was when I was about to enter Loch Craignish to go to Ardfern.