• OUT

Votes: 266 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niander

Visit site
Who said this in 2010?
‘Turkey deserves its place at the top table of European politics – and that is what I will fight for.’

Ans ...Yep our very own David Cameron...LOL

You think you can trust him?

smartmove2014

Visit site
I am not sure Boris is the right man to take over but I am all for brexit. I think the saying "short term pain, long term gain" will ring true here :)

Kelpie

Visit site
Re the veto: you can't prove a negative. I simply don't see a rush towards Turkish entry. But neither of us can prove that either way.

Anyway, guess our negotiations will be conducted by politicians who are considerably less Europhobic than the general public. So we will stay in the common market, and have to retain freedom of movement, and there will be in practise no change in migration numbers, which is what the whole thing wasapparently about. However a depressed GBP may reduce the pull factors so it's not all bad.

Or those businesses who currently employ Poles may simply relocate to an EU country...

smartmove2014

Visit site
great news......................

markets and GBP falls.......................

hang on.........................................

I don't think the markets (and even currency to a degree) have fallen as much as analysts expected with this result. Still obviously turbulent but we shall see...

Bobc

Visit site
European markets have fallen more then UK markets. The FTSE100 is back where it was a few weeks ago, and the pound is not far off where is was against the dollar a few weeks ago.

All that has happened is the markets have bet the markets and the pound up based on them getting a remain vote, and all of that has now been knocked back. The world hasn't stopped turning and I haven't seen any locusts yet today.

smartmove2014

Visit site
European markets have fallen more then UK markets. The FTSE100 is back where it was a few weeks ago, and the pound is not far off where is was against the dollar a few weeks ago.

All that has happened is the markets have bet the markets and the pound up based on them getting a remain vote, and all of that has now been knocked back. The world hasn't stopped turning and I haven't seen any locusts yet today.

Yes, indeed. Certainly a busy day for the markets but certainly not the end of the world, everyone just needs to chill out. Feels to me like the right decision for the UK, could be the start of the end for the EU however.

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
Bad news for the UK, bad news for the next generation; the only winners are those who wanted to get out as a principle just for the sake of it and those are the very people who will be complaining soon that their loaf of bread together with everything else has gone up in price. Happy sailing

halcyon

Visit site
Bad news for the UK, bad news for the next generation; the only winners are those who wanted to get out as a principle just for the sake of it and those are the very people who will be complaining soon that their loaf of bread together with everything else has gone up in price. Happy sailing

Why fight to stay in a union were we sell £223 billion and buy £291 billion, meaning we have to print £68 billion.

No one put forward schemes to either increase sales, ( been falling year on years for the last 10 ) or reduce imports to balance the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.