Identify Yacht with Rx on sail.

WestwardBound

Visit site
I took a photo of a gaffer with with Rx on sail off St Peter Port on the morning of 2106-07-15, The logo looks a bit like the Rustler one, anyone know what yacht this is ?
I thought the owner might like a copy ifI could send it to owners association.
Here is attempt to share this url of the photo. https://flic.kr/p/LEjATb

Sniper

Visit site
So is the 'Rx' logo used across the class as shorthand for 'Roxanne', or is there a longer standing connection with the Treatment Room referred to? For any who doesn't see what I'm getting at, 'Rx' is commonly used shorthand in clinical circles for 'treatment'. It may just be pure serendipity, of course.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
So is the 'Rx' logo used across the class as shorthand for 'Roxanne', or is there a longer standing connection with the Treatment Room referred to? For any who doesn't see what I'm getting at, 'Rx' is commonly used shorthand in clinical circles for 'treatment'. It may just be pure serendipity, of course.

It's the sail marking for the type: Roxannes have Rx and Romillies have Ry.

In engineering circles, Rx stands for "receive" (as opposed to Tx = "transmit") so perhaps that's where the medical usage comes from.

alan_d

Visit site
In engineering circles, Rx stands for "receive" (as opposed to Tx = "transmit") so perhaps that's where the medical usage comes from.
It's an abbreviation for recipe, Latin for "take" (or "receive") (second person singular imperative of recipere). As in "take some of x and mix it with y". The English word "recipe", meaning a list of ingredients, has the same origin.

Last edited:

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Amazing looking boats... there's a Romilly in Chichester I've seen a few times... apologies for the photo size..

Dsc00272.jpg

johnalison

Visit site
It's the sail marking for the type: Roxannes have Rx and Romillies have Ry.

I have an inkling that radio transmissions were not common in the Middle Ages or earlier, when then sign probably originated.

DownWest

Visit site
There was one in the Remontéee Du Seudre last weekend. I met the owner and he had the cabin raised a bit as he is 6'3". Went passed me like I was dragging a bucket :eek:)

Have a look here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/42241216@N08/albums/72157673360163826/page2

If you scroll down to five or so from the bottom, the Roxanne is on the left and there are a few of me in my clear finished little clinker ply Oughtred boat.
Several boats from the DCA are in there too.

As you can see from the early shots, lot of fun paddling and rafting. Around 300 kayaks and 40 plus 'Old Rig' boats

Last edited: