Iassos/Gulluk marinas Turkey

Resolution

Visit site
Hi All, I want to move to Iassos or Gulluk marinas. I know Gulluk is close to the airport but Iassos is a 1000 euros cheaper but further away. Any comments or experiences welcome
regards RPP
Both marinas are owned by the same guy. We have been in Port Iasos Marina since August 2014 and are pretty happy. It is a beautiful spot, well sheltered and we have had no damage despite being left unattended in the water all winter. Showers are OK but need servicing a bit more. Restaurant is lovely, really great experience and some good food, but same bunch also at Gulluk Marina. Communications - well sometimes we hire a car at the airport and it is a longish hour to get to Port Iasos. This makes local trips a bit more of an effort. Most times we use the free ferry across to Gulluk, always an experience and often fun to mingle with the punters from the Horizon Sky complex. Provisioning can be done in Gulluk and ferried across, but we mostly do this in Turgutreis, twenty odd miles away, because of its top class supermarket. We also do boat servicing and fuel at Turgutreis, none available yet in either Port Iasos or Gulluk. GUlluk Marina has a lovely clubhouse and swimming pool, fantastic sunset views. Against it, my wife feels it is too bare concrete, and I worry about the impact of the summer afternoon winds to which it is exposed.
All in all, at less than one third of the berthing cost in the Hamble, with steady fine weather and a nice bunch of locals plus plenty of places to visit, we think it is the bees knees!

Toutvabien

Visit site
It is indeed a bit bumpy, we hit the sump at least once. Some significant craters and surface seemed to missing completely in some places. Gulluk seems like there is much more going on nearby by my guess is that the shelter is better at Iassos. Faced with the same choice a couple of weeks ago our mates chose Gulluk, I think for the proximity of life outside of the marina as much as anything else.

Resolution

Visit site
Rigpigpaul
PM me your email address and I will refer you on to the Port Iasos manager, Art Gungor, and if he doesn't reply I can ask his boss!

What type of boat are you?
Peter