I hope your all having a nice Easter sail.

chriscallender

Visit site
Don't think you missed much with the bank holiday weather
:-( . I decided against going anywhere, but will go out for the day tomorrow perhaps.

Chris

<hr width=100% size=1>

phanakapan

Visit site
I was going to be brave and take her out for a couple of days on my own- but the forecast Fri was for 4-6 maybe gale 8 later so I chickened out.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
Gale 8? Guess we were a bit sheltered inland then- didn't seem to get above a 4 (just as well, given I was trying to spray paint my landyacht in the back garden. Could have ended up with a bright red house).

Still, I must hurry up and get my boat back, so I can stop moping so much.

<hr width=100% size=1>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Brilliant, thanks

Hellevoetsluis to Vlissingen Friday, spinnaker broad reach almost all the way, F 3-4 warm and sunny. Rounding Westkapelle things went a little exciting, heavy gusts off the land at up to 30 knots. Overnight at the marina, very pleasant. Sitting on the bottom at LW, apparently lowest tide of the year.

Saturday left about 1400, motored a mile up Westeschelde in 30 - 35 knot headwinds with 4 knots of tide under us. Very lumpy but soon into the canal. Motored to Veere, very cold, fresh headwinds. Stopped alongside just before Veersemeer. Identified two bird types previously unseen along the canal.

Sunday, nice sail along Veersemeer, then a really excellent beat in F4 along Oosterschelde, up to Krammersluis and overnight at Oude Tonge, one of the nicest places we know for rural delights. Cold in the morning but OK in the afternoon.

Monday, a day to remember. Light wind broad reach up to Volkerraksluis, flew the ghoster for a while. Broad reach in increasing winds back along the Haringvliet. Warm and sunny all day.

Total miles 101 - exceptional for Easter that is usually a complete waste of leave days, IMHO.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aeolus_IV

Visit site
Re: Brilliant, thanks

Rather windy over here, too exciting Saturday (all racing cancelled). Ventured out Sunday (chose not to race in f7). Brilliant days sailing Monday, but no racing scheduled. Always seems to pan out that way.

Regards, Jeff.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Fingers full of paint

Friday, antifouled
Saturday, did boot topping, removed, serviced and replaced bilge pump (4 hours, would willingly have strangled the bugger who put the pump right in the cormer of a cockpit locker, in such a way that half of the work has to be done by feel, not sight)
Sunday was postponed Mother's Day
Monday, polished hull, replaced running rigging, put back upholstery

Never got around to half a dozen other things, but they can wait until I'm afloat.

<hr width=100% size=1>

kingfisher

Visit site
Scuttlebutt, the Dutch Chapter

Well, instead of the MoBo Hamble meet, we could do a Dutch chapter.

Spent the whole week as flag ship of the sea-scout training course in tidal sailing. Based in Kats. Kats-Wemeldinge, Kats-Bruinisse, Kats-St-Annaland. Perfect weather all the way. The water is still too cold though, but the picked oysters at ST-Annaland were perfect (the ones you can dive at the Zandkreek on the Veerse Meer are the best: brackish water, less salt).

Saturday with an F6 from Kats to Wemeldinge, then through the Hansweert Kanaal, with the bridge on limited regime due to maintenance. But we didn't have to wait too long. And the Westerschelde to Terneuzen was realy tame (tide and wind in the same direction do make difference). Do not ever make the approach to Flushing in anything over an F4 with the spring tide running against it!

<hr width=100% size=1>Group of people on the pontoon: skipper is the one with the toolbox.
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

zefender

Visit site
Couldn't get down to the boat on Friday. Saturday, had arranged for colleague and her family to come out for the day (raffle prize!). Forecast didn't look very promising and blowing F6 but motored out into Portsmouth harbour with a scrap of canvas up, just to give the effect. Decided all OK so started to nip out for a quick circuit of Spit Sand Fort. Then Coastguard issued gale warning, giving me a fairly good reason to return!

On Sunday, just with daughter, sailed to Lymington in totally unforecast, beautiful weather. Goosewinged most of it, making a cracking speed.

On Monday morning, sailed back -again, lovely sunny weather (wind had shifted nicely overnight!) and fair tides so SOG into double figures.

Best bit was deciding to leave for London at 1500 to avoid worst of traffic - and did it in the usual time. The sun had kept everyone off the roads.

..doesn't often happen like that!

<hr width=100% size=1>

gtmoore

Visit site
I too enjoyed a great sail Sunday - I very nearly didn't bother going what with the forecast and the way Saturday turned out but so glad I did.

<hr width=100% size=1>Gavin