Hustler Chainplates, please

Nicolas

Visit site
Morning all,

I am after measurements of chainplates for a HUSTLER 35 MkII:

Had the boat put on the water last month, and we had a tremendous maiden voyage from Brighton to Gosport where we now need to bite the bullet and do the big job.

OK I'll tell you the whole story:
Surveyor had pointed out that the shroud knees were a bit crap and need replacing. After some initial chat with the guy who will do the job, we realized that this piece of kit has already been changed from the original design. The boat is a HUSTLER 35, Holman & Pye design, Tyler boat from 1971

So I've contacted Holman & Pye (extremelly nice and helpful) who kindly faxed the original technical drawings. Our HUSTLER is one of the first version (the one with the trim tab), and we have U-bolts and not chainplates. Some years later, they decided to change that design to chainplates, and after long discussions, we decided to follow the architect's recommandations and replace them with proper chainplates (hence the big job).

Unfortunately, the chainplates were fitted out by Tyler and the architect does not know about their sizing. We agreed together on a big enough size (he did the calculations) and will go ahead with that. However, it would be a good idea to check the measurements of the chainplates on another HUSTLER 35.

Anybody there who could get hold of such info, it needs to be a HUSTLER 35 MkII (build from 1974 or 75 I think). Or does anybody know if there is a HUSTLER 35 in their marina that we could have a look to.

We need to have that job done really, mast already removed for new rigging, and I cannot wait to sail her again !!
Many Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

AndrewB

Visit site
I have a friend with a Hustler 35 which I think is a mk II built in 1974. A great little yacht that I've enjoyed sailing in heavy conditions. PM me with your email address and I'll put you in touch.

<hr width=100% size=1>