Hunter, a new to us old timer, a Broom Ocean 37

Alicatt

Visit site
That was my point, maybe it wasn't clear. 5L/hour, sure. But how fast will he go for that burn? Hull speed for the broom is probably no more than 7kts.
With a waterline length of 10.5m?

If you do Greg, just be aware there’s a queue 😀😀😀
The second one we looked at was snapped up mighty quick after we looked at her, she was sold less than a week later.

Alicatt

Visit site
ok, going through the videos I took while at the helm
1500rpm gives 9.5knots sog that looks a bit better than what I was thinking earlier
Testrun1.jpg

It is still around 1knot faster than what seamaster30's graph says though.

Last edited:

Wavey

Visit site
The second one we looked at was snapped up mighty quick after we looked at her, she was sold less than a week later.
I’m not sure what I’m looking for actually exists here in the UK. I would want one that’s been well cared for and been re-engined. The only one I can recall with replacement engines is the one with Nanni 200s mentioned on here and I think that was in Belgium or the Netherlands.

Alicatt

Visit site
I’m not sure what I’m looking for actually exists here in the UK. I would want one that’s been well cared for and been re-engined. The only one I can recall with replacement engines is the one with Nanni 200s mentioned on here and I think that was in Belgium or the Netherlands.
There is one coming up for sale shortly with Yanmar engines

Alicatt

Visit site
So, this morning after fitting the AIS and tidying up some of the cables etc and finding that the port VHF antenna was not connected to anything, the cable just coiled under the instrument panel on the upper helm, a quick PL259 later and all is working with the AIS, all it needs is the MMSI and ATIS codes.
Checking the searchlight there is no power going to it so I will have to search where the cables go, I opened the lower helm instrument panel to check the switch was wired and that there was power to it and low and behold an ancient radar tucked under there a Vigil RM Radar just the box of electronics, no control keyboard or display, was also checking to see where the autopilot was connected to but could find no trace of it behind the wheel, the search goes on... Oh, there is voltage going to the switch of the searchlight and the inside of the searchlight is pristine, looking closely into the mirror I could see the houses on the other side of the Holland's Deep. and that is a few km away.
Mrs Catt did some painting in the forward heads and we are slowly getting to know what does what on the boat.
The Victron is still giving me a headache as it remains on float charge even when the batteries are getting depleted, and I had to start the engines to bring the batteries up again and then it would bulk charge them for a short while.