Hunter, a new to us old timer, a Broom Ocean 37

Bouba

Visit site
Did the the boat come complete with that crew of young ladies or were they on the options list.
Ask , as this particular option appears to no longer be available today.

Some history.
Boat from the same era and quite possibly using the same Aquafibre 37 hull,this boat was being delivered from Norfolk to the boatshow on its own keel.
Aquafibre: a look back - Motor Boat & Yachting
View attachment 180289
Testing the hull
View attachment 180290
I suspect that most of us here have a crew consisting of a young pretty woman (in 1974)..

Alicatt

Visit site
This was the model that the guy made for the original owner:
HunterModel.jpg

There are a few blank plaques onboard the boat but never noticed the one above, the same names are on some of the other plaques.

The Commodore that is on some of the other plaques was the previous and second owner of Hunter and father of the current owner, he organised some big sailing regattas, one took 300 sail boats from Holland to Torbay.
Hunter was with the original owner for over 40 years, and can be seen in picture postcards of Veere Haven where she was berthed for over 40 years.

Bouba

Visit site
In 1974 yes. Things have moved on since.

Looks are no longer the top priority. Now the most important thing is are they still mobile enough to be able to do the ropes and fenders 😁.
My boating observation in port during the summer....is that it is about old ladies with boathooks

Bouba

Visit site
This was the model that the guy made for the original owner:
View attachment 180298

There are a few blank plaques onboard the boat but never noticed the one above, the same names are on some of the other plaques.

The Commodore that is on some of the other plaques was the previous and second owner of Hunter and father of the current owner, he organised some big sailing regattas, one took 300 sail boats from Holland to Torbay.
Hunter was with the original owner for over 40 years, and can be seen in picture postcards of Veere Haven where she was berthed for over 40 years.
Did you find the connection to HMS Victorious?

billskip

Visit site
Everybody knows radar is an essential bit of safety kit and it’s extremely dangerous to attempt such treacherous voyages as moving the boat to the fuel pier and back without it 😁. I’m sure everyone on here will back me up on that 😂.
Yes I've seen many Broom's and Ocean's on the upper Thames with their radar in motion 😀

Bouba

Visit site
Nope but the cups look to be originals, I did ask but the son knew nothing about it.
If the cups have an image of the ship....she was refitted many times...so we could date the china (assuming they aren’t dated😂)

Alicatt

Visit site
Group of "Swifties" perhaps ? :)
12,000+ of them there, it was the last of the Vrijthof Summer concerts of the year, it was packed out and they played from 21:00 to 00:15, normally the show stops at 23:00-23:30. Crowd was very mixed, all ages, at the table next to us there were two young teenagers and though most were getting on a bit there were still a great deal of young-uns there.
Next year Mrs Catt wants to take the boat and moor in the haven there for the concert, the marina was full and the passant/visitor's staging in the Maas it's self the boats were rafted up as there was no room left.

Bouba

Visit site
Group of "Swifties" perhaps ? :)
The Swift Trawler Fleet have these regular get togethers.... I didn’t bother with them because they were mostly on the Atlantic coast....one day I’m leaving port...and a long procession of Swifties are entering....and they are all yelling at me that I’m going the wrong way. Bloody Beneteau organized a get together in my backyard and didn’t even send me an invite 🥺

Alicatt

Visit site
So many pipes, cables and hoses! New Racor fuel filters fitted, at least I know what they are and how they work.
_DSC9359SM.JPG

2 x HT6.354M Perkins turbo diseasel engines
Engines.JPG
One turns clockwise the other anticlockwise, well I suppose that is one way of reversing the rotation of the propellor :)

Oooh Victron 24V/220 2kW inverter charger, Guess I should look for some solar to add to that
_DSC9356SM.JPG