Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

mbroom

Visit site
Speaking to the port police here tonight in evia they said even the paid receipt from the bank is not proof.
they said they need the piece of paper where it shows the status is paid and printed out.
So much for an online system if there is no central database that the PP can check. They make paying this tax as difficult as possible, and my payment seems to have gone into a black hole. My neighbour is a German guy who can speak very little English, and he knew nothing about the Tepai...

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
So much for an online system if there is no central database that the PP can check. They make paying this tax as difficult as possible, and my payment seems to have gone into a black hole. My neighbour is a German guy who can speak very little English, and he knew nothing about the Tepai...

Thats easy to explain, Chris has only sorted the payment to CA members ,the rest don't need to pay

vasant

Visit site
Speaking to the port police here tonight in evia they said even the paid receipt from the bank is not proof.
they said they need the piece of paper where it shows the status is paid and printed out.

how convenient, then i can pay one month and photoshop the month on the paper....
:)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
And the sage goes on ....
Greek cruising tax - filing boat papers with the authorities to get “out of use” status.

Heads up for anyone whose boat is in the water but wants to file for “out of use” - the Port Police here in Rhodes have taken the position that the official grace period until May 18th only applies to PAYING the tax, not to filing your papers for an exemption if you are not using your boat.

Despite the fact we have an official statement from the boatyard where we are moored that the boat has been immobile in the water for 18 months (we’re doing a refit), when we tried to file our papers today the port police insisted we pay the tax for this month by tomorrow or face penalties of EUR1000 or more. This was confirmed by two separate agencies here with respect to other immobile boats trying to file their papers this week.

Hopefully it’s only the Rhodes PP who are taking this position but thought it might be of use to let others know what the situation is here...

sailaboutvic

Visit site
A good explanation how to register...."............

(When you click on it and get the blank page, that confirms your registration. You then go back to the website and enter the details you've just used to register and that takes you to the application form. Make sure at the end of the application you click the green button to temporarily submit. Scroll to the bottom and check the amount you are paying. Then click the red submit button, and then when the page changes click the red button again.)

Well if I wasn't lost I am now ..."........

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Greek cruising tax - filing boat papers with the authorities to get “out of use” status.

Heads up for anyone whose boat is in the water but wants to file for “out of use” - the Port Police here in Rhodes have taken the position that the official grace period until May 18th only applies to PAYING the tax, not to filing your papers for an exemption if you are not using your boat.

Despite the fact we have an official statement from the boatyard where we are moored that the boat has been immobile in the water for 18 months (we’re doing a refit), when we tried to file our papers today the port police insisted we pay the tax for this month by tomorrow or face penalties of EUR1000 or more. This was confirmed by two separate agencies here with respect to other immobile boats trying to file their papers this week.

Hopefully it’s only the Rhodes PP who are taking this position but thought it might be of use to let others know what the situation is here...
I
will pass this to the Greeks. I made this point 2 days ago to them.

vasant

Visit site

This is expected but not in line with the point 6.3 of the FAQs. " It is clarified that in case of a ship located on land, it is not necessary to
declare immobility just in order not to be due for TEPAI, as TEPAI is imposed on ships in
Greek territorial waters"

sailaboutvic

Visit site
This is expected but not in line with the point 6.3 of the FAQs. " It is clarified that in case of a ship located on land, it is not necessary to
declare immobility just in order not to be due for TEPAI, as TEPAI is imposed on ships in
Greek territorial waters"
@vasant ......nothing and everthing is expected , as for the FAQ you can wave them at the PP till your blue in he face ,
I have In The pass had the full copy of Greek law as it was writing at time of passing in Greek re getting DEKPA stamp and been told it's wrong and I had to do this and that .

I sorry to say no matter what is said here , what ever the CA does , these problems will go on and on .
I think If I leaned anything in all the years I been in Greece is stand your ground if you know your right , in the end after being pass from one to the other someone will appear who have a little knowledge what he talking about .
Or do as the Greeks , take no notice .

Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site

Vic - where did this info come from - let me know as I am always queasy of hearsay - I can get egg on my face and loose points with them (the Greeks)

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Did you click on the Print button? Seems to work even though I don't have a printer.

Printing your documents: EVen without a printer, you must always print - in this case print means giving you a PDF file of the document - which you should store on your Laptop or mobile device.

You may be able to find a succer to print the documnets for you, but when push comes to shove, you just show the document on screen to Port Police and if they don't like it, you email it to that port police - and tell them to print it.

If anyone comes across PP who refuse to accept this and wont print it for you, let me know....

Its an Item to add to the FAQ's that PP must accept this or an email.

vasant

Visit site
@vasant ......nothing and everthing is expected , as for the FAQ you can wave them at the PP till your blue in he face ,
I have In The pass had the full copy of Greek law as it was writing at time of passing in Greek re getting DEKPA stamp and been told it's wrong and I had to do this and that .

I sorry to say no matter what is said here , what ever the CA does , these problems will go on and on .
I think If I leaned anything in all the years I been in Greece is stand your ground if you know your right , in the end after being pass from one to the other someone will appear who have a little knowledge what he talking about .
Or do as the Greeks , take no notice .

but if a public authority will fine you illegally this is good enough to start another legal process locally or abroad. locally we could contact the ombuds

https://www.synigoros.gr/?i=stp.en

This part must be defendet in my eyes

ASW11

Visit site
JUst had a run with PP Aegina who, after telling me to “come back on Monday “(?!), stood their ground a) refusing to register my boat as being out of use when it is on the land in a local boatyard saying, “this is not necessary” b) that TEPAI does not need to be paid until the boat goes into the water c) when it goes into the water I should register then and start to pay from that month and c) “advising” that it is not possible to stamp the DEKPA until the renewal date. I’m at a bit of a loss really but, tomorrow, am due to go to Piraeus by ferry and will take the boat paperwork with me and see what happens.

grumpygit

Visit site
Printing your documents: EVen without a printer, you must always print - in this case print means giving you a PDF file of the document - which you should store on your Laptop or mobile device.

This we have done successfully Chris but, how long does one have to wait for the attachments and payment number to be returned please?

Last edited:

tony12345

Visit site
I have registered okay. Filled out forms okay using what seems logical when in doubt. Got the pdf's with the 20 digit number by email and have done a transfer from my Transferwise euro account. I'm now waiting to see if I get an email with confirmation OR do I need to login and check???

grumpygit

Visit site
This we have done successfully Chris but, how long does one have to wait for the attachments and payment number to be returned please?

The 2 attachments have now arrived, the email took about 2hrs to come through. I don't know if this is an acceptable reply time? Just the Greek bank payment to do now.

I think the top man in all this business is Chris so many thanks and for all your and others time and efforts.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
The 2 attachments have now arrived, the email took about 2hrs to come through. I don't know if this is an acceptable reply time? Just the Greek bank payment to do now.

I think the top man in all this business is Chris so many thanks and for all your and others time and efforts.
Grumps - I have found taht several payment rejections have occured because there are 2 20 digit numbers on the system. The one NOT to use is the Application number which have characters in ie SSR00467600000

Use the one with just Numeric.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I have registered okay. Filled out forms okay using what seems logical when in doubt. Got the pdf's with the 20 digit number by email and have done a transfer from my Transferwise euro account. I'm now waiting to see if I get an email with confirmation OR do I need to login and check???

You wont get an email back, although they have agreed that they will add this. I pointed out to them that it was illegal not to issue a receipt for a payment in Greece. I said if we dont get a receipt the law says that we MUST NOT pay. Point made there !

I will post again my instructions which now include at the end how to print things out.