Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

sailaboutvic

Visit site
What next?

Paying agent I guess , it seen some are doing it already . I can remember where once you could check into Turkey , now unless your really forceful you have to pay a agent .
Any way now this sage part of the way over , maybe we can talk about more interesting stuff like anchoring .:)

How the new boat Bob ?

vasant

Visit site
I think i found another bug of the app. (minor)

In many countries you can choose as homeport any place. Even your home on the mountain. In the app you can search AND USE only some preselected port names. So free text is not allowed. This way its rather easy to NOT find your homeport.

jordanbasset

Visit site
I think i found another bug of the app. (minor)

In many countries you can choose as homeport any place. Even your home on the mountain. In the app you can search AND USE only some preselected port names. So free text is not allowed. This way its rather easy to NOT find your homeport.

I just put Plymouth,as I used to keep my old boat there, but my current boat has been no where near there and I doubt it ever will

Chris_Robb

Visit site
[h=4]Reply From Greece to Problems[/h][FONT=&quot]A reply from the Greeks - It looks like problems are being solved. However - some input from techies - advice requires on AUtofill see below in red
Dear Mr. Robb
Regarding the problem you mention with form prefilling please note that this has nothing to do with the electronic application of eTEPAI. It is a feature of the browser (presumably Chrome) of the user that suggests values for certain common fields (ie. first name, last name) in the form of eTEPAI. The user can very well ignore the suggestions and enter the value she/he wants. Please note that this feature can easily be disabled in the chrome browser. Alternatively, another browser e.g. Firefox can be used.
I always understood that Autofill could be disabled by the site if they had not implemented the mapping of data to the correct place. Is the Greeks answer here correct?
Please also note that there are no longer delays of the eTEPAI emails that now are immediately dispatched to the user. There was an issue with our telecom provider that could mark our emails as “risky” depending on the security level of the recipients email server.
Thats just shear incompetence. Its a well known problem.
Today we will also resend the emails that were bounced back to us.
Many members tried to use multiple accounts. Juts choose one to activate and forget about the others - they will delete if not used after x number of days.

Regarding the payments at Banks please note that all banks informed again about eTEPAI payments and an official letter from the Ministry of Finance has been send. User of the electronic application of eTEPAI will not face again this problem
There may be an issue of SEPA payments not arriving. If that is the case you should get the delivery code from your own bank and email/PM it to me. I am sorry I cannot give out key email addresses although I nearly published the whole damn lot yesterday - it seems the threat has worked - in terms of them communicating.

[/FONT]

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I just put Plymouth,as I used to keep my old boat there, but my current boat has been no where near there and I doubt it ever will

My problem with this is that my Part 1 registration port is Beaumaris, which does not appear in the list. If I put Holyhead, for example, it would contradict the Part 1 and DEKPA. what are the likely consequences? What have SSR holders put?

Chris_Robb

Visit site
My problem with this is that my Part 1 registration port is Beaumaris, which does not appear in the list. If I put Holyhead, for example, it would contradict the Part 1 and DEKPA. what are the likely consequences? What have SSR holders put?
Vyv for the moment just choose any old port - you should be able to change it later - I have flagged up this issue with the Greeks.

One member is Newcastle - on tyne - he said he made slip and selected London

macd

Visit site
My misunderstanding then. I remember reading that any place could be entered in SSR. Maybe once upon a time.

I don't think there's ever been the formal means to identify (and thus display) the port of registry of a vessel on SSR, although many owners have chosen to show one for the sake of appearance. SSR has always been a bit of a fudge, anyway, arising mainly out of French demands that visiting UK small vessels should be registered. In its early years it was administered by the RYA.

I'm sure I've read (but can't provide any sources) that it's mandatory under international law to show a port of registration when in foreign/international waters. International law aside, that's certainly an explicit requirement on Part 1, including fonts and size. Of course it used to be that the port of registration was the one that physically held the actual paperwork but now in many countries that's all on a centralised hard drive, so logically it's irrelevant, anyway.

tony12345

Visit site
If everything done on line including payment what do you have as proof of tax paid if challenged. Like most I don't have a printer on board.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I alway wrote port of registration as.cardiff , has that where the SSR come from it save then asking why I wrote one thing when on the SSR say cardiff.
Anyway good luck guys at getting your sorted .