Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Is that in the box marked status?
It's currently showing 'submitted' for mine

If you want a good laugh go the the med sailing
site . There some there almost having heart attack. :)
This could be the next TV show .
I can understand now why the Greeks don't pay their taxes , it's not that they don't want too , it's they just can't

Last edited:

jordanbasset

Visit site
Just looked at mine.
Choose to edit the record.
Scroll the screen across to the far right to a green box marked E- Paravolo Info, Clieck on it and you will see status.
Unpaid = NEO
Paid has the words /Paid in

Very important I get feed back on this as no one has yet seen cash updated that I have contacted. SEPA takes 2 working days.

Mine has got 'ΠΛΗΡΩΜΕΝΟ' in it and google translate says this means payable?, so not sure what that signifies

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic - where is this -
I should forward it to the Ministry so that they know - But I have their cooperation at the moment and I dont want to piss them off any more.....
Chris you only got to go to the Med sailing FB pages there loads of posting running , I know it's not funny to the people who are trying to pay but to the onlooks it's comic,
What the hell up with people , never seen people stressing to pay a tax bill let alone one to another country .
I sorry but I think the sun has gone to everyone head .:) .
Ok I think it's time I stop making comment before i upset some people .
OK one last comment , the Greeks must be laughing all the way to the bank , if it's that easy to get people to pay , I take back everything I said , this tax is here to stay .

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Vic
Chris you only got to go to the Med sailing FB pages there loads of posting running , I know it's not funny to the people who are trying to pay but to the onlooks it's comic,
What the hell up with people , never seen people stressing to pay a tax bill let alone one to another country .
I sorry but I think the sun has gone to everyone head .:) .
Ok I think it's time I stop making comment before i upset some people .
OK one last comment , the Greeks must be laughing all the way to the bank , if it's that easy to get people to pay , I take back everything I said , this tax is here to stay .

Vic - Med sailing is a closed group - I have applied to join.

jordanbasset

Visit site

Vic, the issue for me is that the money went out of my account on Friday and I was just checking it did not vanish into the ether - anyway enjoy your pizza:D

ASW11

Visit site
The one I like most so far is a quote from the FB group you mentioned Vic . . . “ristopher Munday It sounds like we are all being robbed at gun point but the robber is asking us to make him a gun first. Message to Greek government - If you are going to rob everyone then at least have the decency to turn up with a working firearm.” Well, it brought a smile to my face

sailaboutvic

Visit site
The one I like most so far is a quote from the FB group you mentioned Vic . . . “ristopher Munday It sounds like we are all being robbed at gun point but the robber is asking us to make him a gun first. Message to Greek government - If you are going to rob everyone then at least have the decency to turn up with a working firearm.” Well, it brought a smile to my face

What I find funny is all these people who can't wait to part with their money and how stress there are getting not being able to pay , what the hell , and when you look at nearly all the names there most all us brits , I don't see many Dutch, Germany French or Swed names , we really are a national of people who like to pay our debts ,
Has an Italian sailor we met yesterday said , (sorry Chris and no disrespect to you )
I hear the British CA is helping to reduce the burden on the EU helping Greece get more revenue in ,
at first I did get on my hight horse and defender the CA even tho I not a member , but I have to admit he has a point .

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
What I find funny is all these people who can't wait to part with their money and how stress there are getting not being able to pay , what the hell , and when you look at nearly all the names there most all us brits , I don't see many Dutch, Germany French or Swed names.

I don't suppose you will on English language forums. Many marinas have notified their clients of the new tax. So far as Leros is concerned the Brits are in a minority these days but I suspect that all the others are also paying up. It is clear that the PP will not renew DEKPAs unless the tax has been paid so they have little option.

nortada

Visit site
When you look at nearly all the names there most all us brits , I don't see many Dutch, Germany French or Swed names , we really are a national of people who like to pay our debts ,

This is predominately a Brit Forum‼️

Also raises the question, compared with the Brits, what are the numbers of other foreign nationals in Greece.

Over the past few seasons, in The Algarve, it appears the balance is swinging away from overwhelming Brit to predominately Brit.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I don't suppose you will on English language forums. Many marinas have notified their clients of the new tax. So far as Leros is concerned the Brits are in a minority these days but I suspect that all the others are also paying up. It is clear that the PP will not renew DEKPAs unless the tax has been paid so they have little option.

Vyv that may be the case and I agree you won't be able to get your DEKPA stamp without paying the tax , but I be very surprise if everyone need their stamp this month next month or for many months to come .
So what the rush / stress people was advise to wait a while but oh no even before the site was up and running there we are trying to pay . Come on I know you have a good sense of humor, you got to see the funny side of it all .

Has FB med sailing and other sailing forum It isn't only English speaking people that post there ,

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Has anyone worked out a way to pay by Credit Card? Is this an option at all?
How about reading the FAQS document? It's in it near the end.
I am getting rather tired of those that are too lazy to read.

Vic. I don't want help pay the Greeks. The point was to get the system right so it was fair and easy.
We have ended up with the real dogs bollocks.

I also asked people not to pay for at least a week whilst it settle down. No one listens. I think it's a case of curiousity killed the cat.

Last edited: