Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Artic Warrior

Visit site
The site has been up all day today.
I will try to pass your error to the programmer - would you pm me with your email address - I will send you mine, and then I would like detail of your problem with your application number if you have it. It doubt you have - but I will then have your email address through which they should trace your account.

They are being very slow to respond to my other problems list.

The alternative is to go to Port Police and get them to sort it!.

Several have reported this type of error but not in enough detail fro me to pass on - a screen shot would be best if you can get in again to re create.

Hi Chris ok I will pm you soon.

yes that was my next idea to go to the port police to see if they can sort it for me.
I'm in volos bay at the moment and I'm heading to skiathos so I will sort it there..
Yes for some reason it kept putting my name as my boats name I kept changing it then it kept changing it back to my name again.
Weird

sailaboutvic

Visit site
It seems Google assist filling in your tax form. I wonder if they store this information about your boat, its name, length, how long you intend to sail in Greece. Your home address, your parents name. Your preferred method of payment. No no, they already know most of this anyway.

I am beginning to realise that my best option is still just to avoid all this BS and simply "launch and Go" I do wonder though if I can claim that "right of innocent passage" or whatever it is called if my anchor does not touch bottom between the launching dock and the Greek territorial water limit.

No reflection on you Chris. You are ding a sterling service for us all and many thanks.
As it still all up in the air so to speak ( I wanted to say a totally Fu@k up , I think the chances of you being stopped once launch are very low , plus even if you did showing you just been launch and leaving Greece as long as you not caught anchored any where would be hard for them to fine you .

Has for poor Chris , I think he going above and beyond his helpfullness to them out there .

To the extend his doing the Greeks job for them finding the problems .

I happy sailing in a country that please to have me with friendly people ,

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Chris for some reason clicking your profile there is no area on there for me to private message you.
I am signed in so I don't know what's going on.

If you click on Chris profile name you get the option to PM him , but if you don't mind me saying , why all the stress , wait a few days and then pay the tax .
All I reading is people flooding to pay the tax as if they are about to get locked up tomorrow if they don't .
If it was me I would wait till the day I had too and I think that in about a week time , if they got it's all working then .

Last edited:

Artic Warrior

Visit site
The only reason was because I'm in an area now where I could go to the police if I was having problems because after the next few days I'm sailing where there isn't any port police.... I hear what you're saying totally
Just didn't want to get stuck somewhere and not conform before the 28th silly deadline.

Artic Warrior

Visit site
Vic I have just found out why I cannot p.m. somebody... For some reason my phone had only let me see a limited version of ybw.
And at the bottom highlighted was click here for full version. So now I have clicked and now I have the original full forum to view.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic I have just found out why I cannot p.m. somebody... For some reason my phone had only let me see a limited version of ybw.
And at the bottom highlighted was click here for full version. So now I have clicked and now I have the original full forum to view.

Glad you got it sorted .
Good luck with paying the dam tax.
Have a good season

sailaboutvic

Visit site
What I not worked out is how some guy in Nigeria haven't worked out a way to scam this ,
He would had made a fortune in just one day and no one would had notice , they all be running around with a number that means nothing .
Or maybe they have :)

BurnitBlue

Visit site
As it still all up in the air so to speak ( I wanted to say a totally Fu@k up , I think the chances of you being stopped once launch are very low , plus even if you did showing you just been launch and leaving Greece as long as you not caught anchored any where would be hard for them to fine you .

Has for poor Chris , I think he going above and beyond his helpfullness to them out there .

To the extend his doing the Greeks job for them finding the problems .

I happy sailing in a country that please to have me with friendly people ,
Yes I agree it would be very unlikely to be fined on my way out. However, I do need to test the boat and engine etc. so I will pay for one month if I can manage that on line with absolutely no hassle. It needs three week notice to book a launch slot here in Ionian Marine which has doubled (at least) the number of yachts they store yet only do four or five lifts a day as they still only have one travel lift. This makes anticipating a weather window three weeks in advance impossible. Then I will leave westwards probably first stop Malta or an anchorage in South Sicily.

Right now it is raining so hard I may not need a lift to launch. I have heard of yachts washed ashore but never the other way round. Must have happened somewhere though.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Yes I agree it would be very unlikely to be fined on my way out. However, I do need to test the boat and engine etc. so I will pay for one month if I can manage that on line with absolutely no hassle. It needs three week notice to book a launch slot here in Ionian Marine which has doubled (at least) the number of yachts they store yet only do four or five lifts a day as they still only have one travel lift. This makes anticipating a weather window three weeks in advance impossible. Then I will leave westwards probably first stop Malta or an anchorage in South Sicily.

Right now it is raining so hard I may not need a lift to launch. I have heard of yachts washed ashore but never the other way round. Must have happened somewhere though.

If you need info on Malta let me know and Sicily both we cruise quite a lot over the years .

jordanbasset

Visit site
Ship e - Register number (www.aade.gr - Leave blank -

Editing existing details.
Many have got their own name in the boat name - due to the fact Google Chrome has populated the field Automatically after you put in Boat name. This is just bad programming as the fields should be mapped for population.

My Boat name became Mr and many their Christian Name - no one can edit to correct it.

Have just noticed mine is the same with my full name shown as the boat name, as it has the correct SSR am hoping it will not be an issue.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Anyone know how to check to see if online payment has been applied to 'my account'. I paid by swift on Friday, not really expecting it to be applied today, but just wondered where it may appear later.

You will see the payment status - NEO if not receive - a greek word /Paid if you have paid.
Mine went same day transfer on Friday - its not there yet. If this does not work...................

See post no 659

Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Is that in the box marked status?
It's currently showing 'submitted' for mine

Just looked at mine.
Choose to edit the record.
Scroll the screen across to the far right to a green box marked E- Paravolo Info, Clieck on it and you will see status.
Unpaid = NEO
Paid has the words /Paid in

Very important I get feed back on this as no one has yet seen cash updated that I have contacted. SEPA takes 2 working days.