Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Chris_Robb

Visit site
That is why I initially asked the question because there seemed to be some confusion locally and perhaps on here. I think this below sums up your statement thank you.

5. Which ships must be registered in the e-boat register?

(a) Private recreational vessels with Greek flags
(b) professional recreational craft with Greek flags
(c) A professional recreational vessel of a flag of another Member State of the European Union
The Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) or national flags
outside the EU, under the conditions set aside between the Greek ports,
hereinafter "foreign flag"

6. There is an obligation to enter into the Register of private trades with foreign persons
flag?

It is not necessary to register in an e-register for vessels for a private vessel under a foreign flag
Of Law 4256/14, however, remain liable for the payment of compensation for ships
Recreation and Highways (TEPAI), in accordance with the provisions of the Law 4211/2013.

This was the law for Greek boats which came into force a year ago - they have been registering now for a year, which is probably why the software on the tepai sort of worked on day 1.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I don't understand this argument that keep coming up again and again that the tax is to make sure the Greeks pay their tax ,
It's a argument that just don't add up and to be honst I not heard it from the Greek only here time and time again .
It's a fact if that was the case they could catch all Greek as their boats are on a register and if anyone want to make the argument some may not register their boat , well it's clear to me once they go in to get their DEPKA stamp they have to show all the documents we all have to show and even if it's register under another country flag they would still have to show there passport , insurance and address so it would be clear they are a Greek national ,
What this tax is about is taxing visiting boats and that's the bottom line .
So let's stop trying to justifying it .

Last edited:

grumpygit

Visit site
I don't understand this argument that keep coming up again and again that the tax is to make sure the Greeks pay their tax ,
It's a argument that just don't add up and to be honst I not heard it from the Greek only here time and time again .
It's a fact if that was the case they could catch all Greek as their boats are on a register and if anyone want to make the argument some may not register their boat , well it's clear to me once they go in to get their DEPKA stamp they have to show all the documents we all have to show and even if it's register under another country flag they would still have to show there passport , insurance and address so it would be clear they are a Greek national ,
What this tax is about is taxing visiting boats and that's the bottom line .
So let's stop trying to justifying it .

Life is what it is, try to be pragmatic thus making your own choices. You can bleat and moan as much as you wish but as humble mere mortals we have to accept what our so called peers throw at us.
Vic, I'm sure you know the old adage . . . . . There's only two things certain in life, Taxes and Death.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Life is what it is, try to be pragmatic thus making your own choices. You can bleat and moan as much as you wish but as humble mere mortals we have to accept what our so called peers throw at us.
Vic, I'm sure you know the old adage . . . . . There's only two things certain in life, Taxes and Death.
Your right about Death , but I paid and still do enough taxes back home ,
I dam if I going to give the Greek any for visiting and spending money in there country when they own people spend most of their time finding ways not to pay .
Enjoying Italy at the moment , where the Italian give you a free 48 hour berth to encourage you to visit and spend money in their towns.
On another matter , if anyone interested I be putting to gather another site like the croatia site on the west coast of Italy and the south of France given free harbour and anchorage at the end of the season.

vasant

Visit site
From the Greek point of view - what would their argument be to keep the DEKPA (apart from they have always had it) as the TEPAI seems to be a much better vehicle for controlling Greek not paying their taxes....
Note: Only some that is - ie the ones that can afford to pay do not and vice versa.

well good point. But think of all those having a rubber or other trailer boat of 7m. They will never pay as they launch it for a day trip and then go back to the boat parking on the dry. Myself i find it unlikely to be controlled during a sailing race in december.... They will figure this out fast and then they will couple it. After all the fines are low. They know the control mechanisms are poor, so the dekpa it the way to bring you once a year to PP and check you have paid what should be paid.

ostra4

Visit site
well good point. But think of all those having a rubber or other trailer boat of 7m. They will never pay as they launch it for a day trip and then go back to the boat parking on the dry. Myself i find it unlikely to be controlled during a sailing race in december.... They will figure this out fast and then they will couple it. After all the fines are low. They know the control mechanisms are poor, so the dekpa it the way to bring you once a year to PP and check you have paid what should be paid.

I went to get my Dekpa stamped yesterday at Nidri PP, wouldn't stamp without tax being paid , couldn't pay tax as website is down , come back when you've paid , luckily my Dekpa has another ten days before the anniversary .Iv heard Lefkas stamp Dekpa anyway .

vasant

Visit site
I went to get my Dekpa stamped yesterday at Nidri PP, wouldn't stamp without tax being paid , couldn't pay tax as website is down , come back when you've paid , luckily my Dekpa has another ten days before the anniversary .Iv heard Lefkas stamp Dekpa anyway .

the point is: if you had paid for 3 months would they stamp the whole year?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
the point is: if you had paid for 3 months would they stamp the whole year?

I think the crunch will be if PP will start going out to check on boats , if it stay how it has been , the once that don't use town quay will probably pay a month to get their DEKPA stamp then won't bother and take a risk ,
The once that will pay up are the under 12mts, for the said amount it's not worth taken the risk .

I can only see it getting worse the amount of people who have no idea of this tax must be mind blowing without the once who have lost touch with the coming and going, every boat we wintered out with with the except of one British boat had no idea of the tax .
Not everyone is greek,CA member or read forums.

I know some of you when reading my posting are thinking ,( there goes Vic having another moan) but it won't be long before you all be moaning when every country you visit charge you a tax and has we all know taxes very rarely go down and mostly go up .
I predict some years back when some here kept saying the tax will be in very soon and kept repeating the same thing each year , I said then that the tax won't be in for many years to come , three or is it four years on it's in ,
Other prediction from the wizard him self :) , within a few year if not year , the <12 mts tax will go up and the above 12mts tax will come down to encourage big boats to come back .

The tax if self won't go away as some think it will although like the DEKPA it may get less and less enforced.

I glad we decided to leave all this messing around when all we want to do is cruises .
Plus it's help me decide if to copper coat my boat or not , the £ 1200 saving will cover the cost of the copper coat . :)

Last edited:

Artic Warrior

Visit site
Come on my boat in Greece using my phone to make us application for tax payment.
It was working ok so far but have the application creation error come up.
The part where it fails is it asks for ship e register number.
And there is one of those small red asterisk stars next to company name.
Even though I told it I am a person and not company.
Does the application creation error come up because of these two boxes not filled out.
Thank you in advance.

jordanbasset

Visit site
Come on my boat in Greece using my phone to make us application for tax payment.
It was working ok so far but have the application creation error come up.
The part where it fails is it asks for ship e register number.
And there is one of those small red asterisk stars next to company name.
Even though I told it I am a person and not company.
Does the application creation error come up because of these two boxes not filled out.
Thank you in advance.

I put the SSR number in both and it worked, not sure if it was the right thing to do, that was on Friday

Chris_Robb

Visit site
For company say none.
Errors or incomplete fields are normaly shown at the top in Red.

I can't remember what I put in the e reg slot. But no harm in putting the SSR number in.

Compiling a list of problems and extra questions for the FAQS.

I know some people who have not received their confirmation emails and unfortunately they won't respond to our list of email addresses where they have a problem. These people are totally stuck.

Artic Warrior

Visit site
I didn't get any errors at the top highlighted at all.
It just showed wording written in black in a box saying
Application creation error.

Nothing highlighted saying where I went wrong at all.
But on Facebook med sailing it's just been said to me that the site is down until early hours of Monday morning.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I didn't get any errors at the top highlighted at all.
It just showed wording written in black in a box saying
Application creation error.

Nothing highlighted saying where I went wrong at all.
But on Facebook med sailing it's just been said to me that the site is down until early hours of Monday morning.

The site has been up all day today.
I will try to pass your error to the programmer - would you pm me with your email address - I will send you mine, and then I would like detail of your problem with your application number if you have it. It doubt you have - but I will then have your email address through which they should trace your account.

They are being very slow to respond to my other problems list.

The alternative is to go to Port Police and get them to sort it!.

Several have reported this type of error but not in enough detail fro me to pass on - a screen shot would be best if you can get in again to re create.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Ship e - Register number (www.aade.gr - Leave blank -

Editing existing details.
Many have got their own name in the boat name - due to the fact Google Chrome has populated the field Automatically after you put in Boat name. This is just bad programming as the fields should be mapped for population.

My Boat name became Mr and many their Christian Name - no one can edit to correct it.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
It seems Google assist filling in your tax form. I wonder if they store this information about your boat, its name, length, how long you intend to sail in Greece. Your home address, your parents name. Your preferred method of payment. No no, they already know most of this anyway.

I am beginning to realise that my best option is still just to avoid all this BS and simply "launch and Go" I do wonder though if I can claim that "right of innocent passage" or whatever it is called if my anchor does not touch bottom between the launching dock and the Greek territorial water limit.

No reflection on you Chris. You are ding a sterling service for us all and many thanks.