Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I think the notifications on the main page have changed slightly. I seem to remember it saying their systems would be down around 08:00-09:00 today plus other longer maintenance outages. I assumed that this might be to launch eTEPAI.

The earlier outage time has gone, not surprising as it's out of date now. I can't remember the other outages so don't know if they have been updated. However, it now says their electronic applications won't be available from 08:00 on Saturday 11/05/2019 to 01:00 on Monday, 13/05/2019. It also says there will be limited availability from 15:00 to 20:00 today.

It looks as if it might be Monday at earliest if it doesn't appear tomorrow.

I would have avoided launching a new system just before carrying out significant maintenance work over a weekend. The last thing I usually wanted when I managed IT projects was to launch on a Friday. Doing it before significant weekend maintenance work would just add to my worries. Perhaps all the outages are related to eTEPAI, but I doubt it.

Agreed - I was surprised this morning that they said they would get it up later today. Well they have the FAQs, but that's just a document.

I doubt it will be available til Monday too

sailaboutvic

Visit site
As far aS they are concern it doesn't really matter as long as they get it working before the end of the month they still will get a full month tax out of everyone .

cegri

Visit site
Most of this Forum is of European origin, but for others with non-EU flags;

I just arrived in Rhodes today and was able to pay the tax at the customs office when getting my transit log. They only accept cash. I could also pay for two months.

(I thought I was unlucky to arrive on the first day of the tax. But later we came across another couple at the port police. They were leaving Greece today and had to pay the tax for full month!)

comino

www.yachtcomino.weebly.com
There's a button on the web page now - it invites you to sign into the app - you can switch the language to English - one must register - is this it I ask myself?????? I quickly logged out before proceeding and hid behind the sofa!!!

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com

Yes, it does seem to be running. Odd things such as parent's names optional when registering but looks as if they are required when completing an entry. Company name still shows as mandatory field, even when "Personal" option selected. I imagine it's not the most thoroughly tested app. All sorts of odd application errors and failure to save some data (but then it was very data odd data :D). Email verification required for registration but throwaway one's will work for test purposes.

Main page still showing same message about outage for "electronic applications" on Sat./Sun. and wouldn't be surprised if eTEPAI is affected.

I don't intend to register for about a week as advised by Chris (sensible advice). Now trying to work out how much to pay on way out of Greece.

Last edited:

Tony Cross

Visit site
Yes, it does seem to be running. Odd things such as parent's names optional when registering but looks as if there are required when completing an entry. All sorts of odd application errors and failure to save some data (but then it was very data odd data :D). Email verification required for registration but throwaway one's will work for test purposes.

Main page still showing same message about outage for "electronic applications" on Sat./Sun. and wouldn't be surprised if eTEPAI is affected.

I don't intend to register for about a week as advised by Chris (sensible advice). Now trying to work out how much to pay on way out of Greece.

This is a Greek thing. The fashion here is for the eldest son to take the paternal grandfather's name, the eldest daughter to take the maternal grandmother's name, and so on. It's a lovely way of preserving old names but it does mean that in any one family there are several people with the same names (grandfather and grandson for example) so official forms always ask for your father's name to sort out who is who (and even then there are confusions).

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
This is a Greek thing. The fashion here is for the eldest son to take the paternal grandfather's name, the eldest daughter to take the maternal grandmother's name, and so on. It's a lovely way of preserving old names but it does mean that in any one family there are several people with the same names (grandfather and grandson for example) so official forms always ask for your father's name to sort out who is who (and even then there are confusions).

Yes, I wasn't surprised by the request. It was the fact that the same fields were optional when registering but marked as mandatory later. Either ask initially and use it automatically later or don't bother when registering and ask later.

I was going to test to see if the registration fields would populate the later ones. Wouldn't be surprised if that isn't the case. However, I got a message to say the system was down when I checked just now.

Back up again and it accepted parent names and they are still blank in the form. Either throwing the first set away or 2 different lots of parent names possible. :D

Last edited:

Shaddickp

Visit site
Ok got quite a long way. Three step process, register as a user, reply to email confirming user ID, then register boat detail s and how long you wish to pay for. This generated the 20 digit e-Paravolo payment code, which you receive via email. So now need to find aade address and bank acc no to do swift international payment. Trying via 1st direct online banking and the IBAN code given in the faq is not sufficient it seems.
Anyway I got my bill for 198e for 6 months.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Completed and paid.
Here is my summary
E-TEPAI System. – User Guide. 10th May 2019
Note: Tested using Windows 10 and Google Chrome. Other browsers may have different issues.

https://www.aade.gr/polites/etepai
after the introduction sign in on the APP
https://www1.aade.gr/aadeapps2/etepai/
This opens in a new screen
Select UK Flag for Language.
The Screen now has access to the FAQs and a manual.
FAQs – the old version is here (reported)
Manual – does not link to anything yet (reported)
Login.
There are 2 types – E-TEPAI and a login for TAXISnet users
TEPAI Login.
Select Register for the first time.
(sorry - missing the screen shots.)
Press Register to await a confirmation email. This took 18 minutes to come.
When it comes – press HERE on the email – this take you to the login screen

Login using your email address and password AND Passport number.
This takes you to a summary of your registrations – which at this stage is empty. Top right is a button for NEW APPLICATION.
You are require to fill in all fields with a single * and ** and *** as you don’t have a TIN.
Problem fields:
Post Code – will only accept 5 characters – GU273 when it should be GU27 3LZ so I just put that in and have reported the issue – which may be browser related.
Port Of registry. It requires a search to be made – so type in your port of registry – ie Southampton. You get a search with all the ports in the world with South in – 15 pages– very confusing. Page through till you find the correct one – including your country code – ie UK. Click on that and it populates the field. I think entering UK in the search would have helped.
Then fill in remaining * * and *** items. You can accept the NO default if you are not applying for a 12 months 20% discount.
Unless you are Part 1 registered, you don’t need to put in Gross Registered Tonnage or Tonnage
You then come to 2 blue buttons
clip_image004.png

Liable Persons Information:
Note: persons entered here are Joint and severally Liable. Choose either Owner or Holder/User A Holder or User is a person named on the DEKPA - the User would be a regular skipper of the boat.
In my case I entered myself as the owner only but I will add my Son as a user later. This has implication re Chartering and by entering a user that should prevent you falling foul of the charter laws.
It appears that you can only enter one liable person – so I entered myself. Google chrome filled in all the address details, but it the website is incorrectly coded and the info goes into all the wrong places – so DOUBLE CHECK.
Then click on TEPAI info.
Date of entry into Greek waters – this is a Y/N selection – if you are there already click Y
Will the ship remain in Greek Ports all year Y/N - This must be related to the annual discount of 20% you can get if you pay in December each year for the FULL next year. I answered Yes though I will only use 4 months or so fees.
Select the Months of Tax you want by clicking on the month. – I did June, July, September, October. I will haul out for July and August so will be automatically out of use. Those in a Marina will need to deposit papers with Port police.
When that’s done – click Green Button at top right Temporary Submitted.
This brings up a summary of your entries including the application number SSR14160200000000619
If all ok Press Red button to “Submit” at top right.
If you have errors they will be listed at the top in red – not always very clear.
Under bank details it requires ID type and your passport number.
Once the error have been corrected and you have checked the months and payment total, re submit.

You then get a summary of everything again but now with your registry entry at the bottom. Check this – NOTE that the status is now SUBMITTED you have completed your submission.

NEXT
You will get an email with 2 attachments. Print them boat off or save them as downloads for later. The important thing is the 20 digit reference which you will need for payment.
NEXT
Payment.
I chose to pay using my Barclays on line overseas payments.
Select to pay an amount in EUROS - do NOT let it convert to Euros for you.
You have approx. 120 seconds to complete before your rate expires and you have to refresh rate.
Enter the relevant codes.
Note – it is recommended that you cut and paste all long numbers to avoid error.
 Recipient bank: BNGRGRAA (Bank of Greece)
 IBAN (field 59 of swift): GR1201000230000000481090510
 Remittance information ( field 70 of swift): the 20 numbers (no letters, punctuation and spaces) of TEPAI payment code
Press confirm!
Then check up a day later (up to 4 if over weekend) if your money has been received.

Go sailing.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
The FAQ's were updated to correct errors - they have just loaded the old one of 26 March back on. Wait until you see a May date on the bottom of each page

I have reported all the errors seen so far.

jordanbasset

Visit site
Cheers Chris, brilliant, will have a go tomorrow

Edit, decided to have a go tonight and thanks to Chris' instructions got it done in under ten minutes, still have to pay it but will leave that until tomorrow
Worked out at £25 a month, so not a deal breaker for me but am on a smaller boat (9.99m) than most

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
The FAQ's were updated to correct errors - they have just loaded the old one of 26 March back on. Wait until you see a May date on the bottom of each page

I have reported all the errors seen so far.

You can have a well earned rest now Chris , no body be bothering you for a while , all too busy paying they money .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Cheers Chris, brilliant, will have a go tomorrow

Edit, decided to have a go tonight and thanks to Chris' instructions got it done in under ten minutes, still have to pay it but will leave that until tomorrow
Worked out at £25 a month, so not a deal breaker for me but am on a smaller boat (9.99m) than most

I surprise with you , haven't you leaned anything all them years cruising with us :)