Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Chris_Robb

Visit site
UPDATE Tuesday 7th May

2 days to go.....

I called the AADE contact today and have been informed that the tax IS going ahead on the 9th May.

I asked how we would pay it - and was informed that the Online system was now live.... But where is this site? Its Online was the answer, yes but.... where??? Err Its not live yet, we will make an announcement later today - you will be first to be emailed...... AVRIO?

Again my advice is just to leave it for a week or so and let others have the paine with the PP. You will not be fined, provided you "Go willingly to pay" to back pay tax.

Issues such as the DEKPA Out of Use requirements being out of line with the Tax seem not to trouble them....

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I had a strange visit in Porto Rafti .I had the Chief of Port police ask me for my papers ,not one of the port police / customs officers. He took them away with my Passport and brought them back personally, saying it was good to see everything was perfect.
I have been here for 3 years talking with both police and customs officers daily ,very strange,..

Chris_Robb

Visit site
The Payment system should be running tomorrow. This is what I have just received. Lets hope it in English as I have already seen it in Greek - google struggled to translate it.

Dear Mr. Robb,

We would like to inform you that the e-TEPAI application will be available tomorrow at the IAPR’S website www.aade.gr/polites/etepai.
New FAQ’S will be available at the website as well.

Pursuant to the current provisions,
udIj cN ShZtxuRIPBeB8OI a2EFUVsVpFBIxvedJVkwwAA8EAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
For ships being in Greek territorial waters on 09/05/2019,there will be a ten-day deadline, until 18/05/2019 regarding the TEPAI payment for the month of May, while
For ships entering Greek territorial waters on 09/05/2019, the TEPAI payment for the month of May should be made on 09/05/2019.

Payment of TEPAI will be made with the use of the 20-digit e- Paravolo payment code, at the Collection Agency branch (with the extra charge defined by the Collection Agency in each case) or by the alternative payment ways provided by the banking institutions, such as internet-banking, phone banking, ATM, bank APS (Automatic Payment System), (without extra charge). It is noted that the 20-digit e- Paravolo payment code may be issued through the eTEPAI application.

Please all do not rush to be first - as if the system is crap, there will be an almighty queue to get the problems sorted - you have 10 days officially and then you can back pay, so just do not rush and pay it - curiosity killed the cat!

I will (if it works) register and pay tomorrow, and do a quick summary of what to do and pitfalls. I hope that will be done in the morning and put it up here. An new thread I think would be appropriate as there is so much in this one that we need to start afresh.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
The Payment system should be running tomorrow. This is what I have just received. Lets hope it in English as I have already seen it in Greek - google struggled to translate it.

Dear Mr. Robb,

We would like to inform you that the e-TEPAI application will be available tomorrow at the IAPR’S website www.aade.gr/polites/etepai.
New FAQ’S will be available at the website as well.

Pursuant to the current provisions,
For ships being in Greek territorial waters on 09/05/2019,there will be a ten-day deadline, until 18/05/2019 regarding the TEPAI payment for the month of May, while
For ships entering Greek territorial waters on 09/05/2019, the TEPAI payment for the month of May should be made on 09/05/2019.

Payment of TEPAI will be made with the use of the 20-digit e- Paravolo payment code, at the Collection Agency branch (with the extra charge defined by the Collection Agency in each case) or by the alternative payment ways provided by the banking institutions, such as internet-banking, phone banking, ATM, bank APS (Automatic Payment System), (without extra charge). It is noted that the 20-digit e- Paravolo payment code may be issued through the eTEPAI application.

Please all do not rush to be first - as if the system is crap, there will be an almighty queue to get the problems sorted - you have 10 days officially and then you can back pay, so just do not rush and pay it - curiosity killed the cat!

I will (if it works) register and pay tomorrow, and do a quick summary of what to do and pitfalls. I hope that will be done in the morning and put it up here. An new thread I think would be appropriate as there is so much in this one that we need to start afresh.

Many thanks Chris. I had noticed some announcements about electronic system outages tomorrow and assumed that might be for rollout of eTEPAI.

I was planning to wait for about a week after eTEPAI application appeared until people got some idea of how it all worked (or not).

I came to the conclusion that the only way I could pay would be by using the eTEPAI online application to get an e-Paravolo code (20 digit number) and then visiting a bank (which would charge for the service).

FAQs say I will be able to log onto eTEPAI without any personal username/password (as I don't have a Greek TIN).

FAQs also describe payment options. However, I'm currently a citizen of the EU, don't have a Greek tax number and boat is UK flagged. Option 1 below seems to be the only way to pay unless I'm not reading the FAQs correctly.

Payment options listed in FAQs

1) Collection Agency
Directly to Collection Agency (most banks and each one will define their own extra charge for the service)
Via some electronic means provided by banks (Internet, phone banking or automatic payment system (with no extra charge)

2) eTEPAI website
Using card (person must be registered on TAXISnet and only Greek cards accepted)

3) Port Authority, tax office (DOY), or Customs Authority
No mention made of actually paying Port Authority or Customs Authority, only tax office (and can't be done with EU flagged vessel anyway unless Greek Tax number is available).

i.e.
When no e-Paravolo code can be obtained and Greek tax number (TIN) available then pay in any tax office.
Non-EU flagged private vessels should pay at tax office as part of Transit Log process (not via eTEPAI using eParavolo code)

4) SEPA transfer
Payment from abroad possible with eParavolo code and SEPA transfer. I think SEPA will cost me £9 per transfer.

I suppose it might be possible to play with the eTEPAI application as no logon is required and just enter some dummy data to get a feel for the system. Not a good idea of course as too much of that sort of thing might bring it to a halt. A nefarious type might even be tempted to script something to enter random data. :D:D

Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Many thanks Chris. I had noticed some announcements about electronic system outages tomorrow and assumed that might be for rollout of eTEPAI.

I was planning to wait for about a week after eTEPAI application appeared until people got some idea of how it all worked (or not).

I came to the conclusion that the only way I could pay would be by using the eTEPAI online application to get an e-Paravolo code (20 digit number) and then visiting a bank (which would charge for the service).

FAQs say I will be able to log onto eTEPAI without any personal username/password (as I don't have a Greek TIN).

FAQs also describe payment options. However, I'm currently a citizen of the EU, don't have a Greek tax number and boat is UK flagged. Option 1 below seems to be the only way to pay unless I'm not reading the FAQs correctly.

Payment options listed in FAQs

1) Collection Agency
Directly to Collection Agency (most banks and each one will define their own extra charge for the service)
Via some electronic means provided by banks (Internet, phone banking or automatic payment system (with no extra charge)

2) eTEPAI website
Using card (person must be registered on TAXISnet and only Greek cards accepted)

3) Port Authority, tax office (DOY), or Customs Authority
No mention made of actually paying Port Authority or Customs Authority, only tax office (and can't be done with EU flagged vessel anyway unless Greek Tax number is available).

i.e.
When no e-Paravolo code can be obtained and Greek tax number (TIN) available then pay in any tax office.
Non-EU flagged private vessels should pay at tax office as part of Transit Log process (not via eTEPAI using eParavolo code)

4) SEPA transfer
Payment from abroad possible with eParavolo code and SEPA transfer. I think SEPA will cost me £9 per transfer.

I suppose it might be possible to play with the eTEPAI application as no logon is required and just enter some dummy data to get a feel for the system. Not a good idea of course as too much of that sort of thing might bring it to a halt. A nefarious type might even be tempted to script something to enter random data. :D:D

The SEPA payment will be the easiest way for most of us as its the standard UK internet banking EU payment protocol. It should be dead easy once you have the 20 digit number.

Hopefully by 10.30BST tomorrow I will have been able to write up and post how its done.

I strongly suggest that other wait a few weeks before paying - or risk being in a queue to sort out where your money has ended up...... - Lets have only a few transactions to start with....

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Thanks Vic. Send me the discount now and I will pay immediately. I can easily afford your rates as a cheque from a Nigerian prince is on its way to me as we speak.

Vyv some how I don't think you got the hang off how this discount works , I don't send you any thing you just pay have the amount :)
Any way got my cheque the other week from the Prince just waiting for it to clear .

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Vyv some how I don't think you got the hang off how this discount works , I don't send you any thing you just pay have the amount :)
Any way got my cheque the other week from the Prince just waiting for it to clear .

Well - no need for any cheque

at this point 10:22 Greek time there is no system up.

I will be out most of the day so will not look again til about 16:00 BST.

I am assured from an email this morning that there has been an overnight hitch and the glue has not yet dried and they have not received said cheque from Nigerian Prince.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I just read the aade.gr notice from the link Chris gave above. TEPAH is translated either as '(The) end of pleasure and hovercraft' OR 'The end of pleasure and hatchways'. Does anyone believe they know what they are doing?

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
I just read the aade.gr notice from the link Chris gave above. TEPAH is translated either as '(The) end of pleasure and hovercraft' OR 'The end of pleasure and hatchways'. Does anyone believe they know what they are doing?

I think the notifications on the main page have changed slightly. I seem to remember it saying their systems would be down around 08:00-09:00 today plus other longer maintenance outages. I assumed that this might be to launch eTEPAI.

The earlier outage time has gone, not surprising as it's out of date now. I can't remember the other outages so don't know if they have been updated. However, it now says their electronic applications won't be available from 08:00 on Saturday 11/05/2019 to 01:00 on Monday, 13/05/2019. It also says there will be limited availability from 15:00 to 20:00 today.

It looks as if it might be Monday at earliest if it doesn't appear tomorrow.

I would have avoided launching a new system just before carrying out significant maintenance work over a weekend. The last thing I usually wanted when I managed IT projects was to launch on a Friday. Doing it before significant weekend maintenance work would just add to my worries. Perhaps all the outages are related to eTEPAI, but I doubt it.

Last edited: