Greece 2017 (not about tax... just about beer, sunsets...)

alexsailor

Visit site
Hi Greece Lovers!

What are the plans for 2017?
Can't wait to sail down there :cool:
Thinking to cruise around Peloponesse again.

Beer.jpg

RupertW

Visit site
For us it's back to Croatia after 3 seasons in Greece as we missed it a lot during our Greek time. So much of the place we didn't get to see but hopefully we'll be back in a few years

jonrarit

Visit site
Our second season (in our own boat) out of Corfu. She was launched yesterday and am eagerly awaiting the boys week ....err I mean "Commissioning Week" at the start of may before 1st main holiday beginning of June.....

Jonathan

jordanbasset

Visit site
Nothing to adventurous for us this year, back to the boat in Corfu in early May, couple of weeks around Corfu, Paxos and the mainland and then through the Lefkas canal to spend a few lazy weeks re-aquainting ouslves with our favourite haunts

AndrewB

Visit site
Last year we left Greece with the notion of sailing slowly back to England. We got as far as Venice via a very pleasant season cruising through Montenegro and Croatia.

This season ... we are headed back to Greece again, at a equally leisurely pace. We miss the place, we miss the people. Maybe this time we'll establish a permanent base in Corfu, at least until Brexit sees us kicked out.

It would be great to meet up with any of you fellow Philhellenes who happen to be around!

Last edited:

alexsailor

Visit site
Same here, any one who sees a Bavaria 33 called Desert Dream wth a rather distinguished/ugly bow sprit (take your pick) please feel free to come and say hullo

Well that was the point :D
I ride the waves on Jeanneau SO43DS (not many around).
Welcome...

I found out that anchoring is nice (and cheap) way for overnighting but you get lonely (despite my lovely girlfriend onboard),
So probably we should fly a beer flag when in need of a company ;)

ccscott49

Visit site
Be down in the Ionian come ay, Corfu until then, have a look out for Englander, in vliho bay, where we base and cruise from.

RupertW

Visit site
Welcome...

I found out that anchoring is nice (and cheap) way for overnighting but you get lonely (despite my lovely girlfriend onboard),

I find the CA flag works well as a chat then beer/wine/ouzo flag. I guess my new forum burgee will be the same but with added political opinions.

jordanbasset

Visit site
Welcome...

Good idea, but my wife wil want a wine flag as well:D

Capital_R

Visit site
A ready to drink/bbq flag! What a great idea :)

What is the "CV" Flag? Charlie Victor?

If I'd make it up... if put up Kilo/Romeo (preparing to replenish/I wish to communicate)... unless that means something else already.

:)

My plan was to be based in Patras... and make a pilgrimage to Gallipoli for April 21st.

Where are the best places in the West to tour by boat? (I speak academic Greek, but am not a local)!

JFowler

Visit site
''My plan was to be based in Patras... and make a pilgrimage to Gallipoli for April ''

Good luck with Patras- it's the one place we've been since leaving U.K. that we'd never return to!

Capital_R

Visit site
Wow. Looking forward to all the other places that are better. Did you have a bad experience, or is everything else simply so much better?