Greece 2017 (not about tax... just about beer, sunsets...)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Where do you propose to hide from this blow then Vic?

We're heading to Fiskardo and then will explore the island by car.

Will probably head for Vathi on Ithaca after the blow, then Astokos, then Vathi on Meganisi, Levkas town key and then to Preveza to get the Genoa restitched.

Would be nice to cross paths at some point, share a beer and go over your Croatian experiences (we're headed there, but slowly).

PT

We on Ithaca in Vathi at the moment and the southerly can be felt here even tho we shelter , not a place to be In a blowing northerly ,even in the summer winds you can get quite a blow here gusting off the hill . so we leaving to day taken the southerly and head for Sivoto

Last edited:

AndersG

Visit site
Time to potter around the Ionian is now , the islands are empty from boats , plenty places to moor , it's now mid April and still hardly anyone around , sunsets are as good as ever and the weather been good although the next couple of days there a bit of a blow coming in from the North .

Agree, spent two winters in the area and spring was always my favourite but can't do it until June.

Flica

Visit site
Greece has:-
The most diverse and interesting population in all of Europe
One of the greatest indented coastlines (excepting W Scotland) in Europe.
Gives the best welcome to strangers of any country in Europe.
Is cheaper by far for me to live than the UK.
Has a collective sense of humour - strange but laughable.

I'm glad to have been able to spend 1/2 of my declining years here - I just hope I've given them as much as they've given me.

Tony Cross

Visit site
Greece has:-
The most diverse and interesting population in all of Europe
One of the greatest indented coastlines (excepting W Scotland) in Europe.
Gives the best welcome to strangers of any country in Europe.
Is cheaper by far for me to live than the UK.
Has a collective sense of humour - strange but laughable.

I'm glad to have been able to spend 1/2 of my declining years here - I just hope I've given them as much as they've given me.

Did you know that the coastline of Greece covers over 17,400 km? That's further than the distance from London to Sydney!

alexsailor

Visit site
This night I arrived to Erikoussa from Lastovo.
Happy to be in Greece again!:rolleyes:

The Mythos season is open for me now:cool:

alexsailor

Visit site
Uf, I do not eat at Vasiliss...

But I can say that Alpha beer is for me the best beer in Greece.
Fix- the worst
cheers! :eek:

KingTubby

Visit site
Just got back from 10 days in the Ionian and missing it already. Luckily I'll be back in August with the family this time. Cant wait for a cold Mythos ....

Flica

Visit site
Great Photo, Alexsailor,
There in June - excellent lady butcher ashore and a good local supermarket. Diesel ashore just behind the camp-site half way down the beach toward the Baersalmans in Finikounda.
Probably my favourite Peloponnesus anchorage!!
Set the anchor, inadvertently, @ 3000 rpm and took about 10' digging it out, only 20% of the roll bar showing!

alexsailor

Visit site
Strange weather patterns this year: a lot of humidity, "not usual" wind directions...
Ok, not all the time but anyway...

Flica

Visit site
We were there year before last, 2 nights of rolling around like a bloody washing machine.

SE winds, about the only direction when it's really uncomfortable - less up close to the end of the breakwater - but easier to move to the beach off Finikounda.

Watch the wind direction;
I learnt that lesson in 1991 off Harlech beach...