Good news from Full Circle

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Just spoken to Jim, and he asked me to pass on the good news that following his Mum being diagnosed with Cancer a couple of weeks ago, she has just been through an 11hr operation, and has come out the otherside cheerful, with a positive outlook and good prognosis.

He's not going to be around for a few days while he cares for her, but just wanted to let you know.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Good luck to Jim's Mum. Horrid disease. Know what Jim is going through as we had it with Mum about 10 years ago - and she is stil with us!

Just heard that one of 'my' scouts has been dignosed with leukemia and is in hospital now for treatment so hope the news for that family is as good too.

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
All the best with this one Jim. Look forward to seeing you at Carters with Fullcircle.

Should be at Carters putting my new keel on our new boat in a couple of weeks, which should be a laugh for the onlookers.

CPD

Visit site
Jim, good news about the operation and your mum's outlook. Everything crossed for your mum and all concerned. Best Wishes, Alan

FullCircle

Visit site
Hi, I am back....

Mum continues to recover very well indeed.
Surgery on Tuesday, she now has a titaniium jaw on the left side. Amazing.
Very swollen on wednesday, razor blade pain in throat, whispering, little movement.
Thursday, swelling down by half, we did a crossword, talking very quietly, 80 grit sandpaper throat. Sitting up in bed.
Today, bit ill but swelling further reduced. Confirmed no nerve damage as all lips/tongue /jaw moving OK. 400 grit wet & dry throat, but now swallowing. Been into wheelchair for a bit, talking with patients in next bed.

I am now home, but I have spent the entire week there, one way or another.

If anyone should be in any doubt let me state publicly that the NHS Kent & Canterbury Hospital has played a blinder. Very quick, very professional, superb after care, great routine, no complaining even when short staffed on some shifts. Spotlessly clean. Bit Rubbishy restaurant and the hated car park charges, but hey-ho.

Many thanks for the support and the messages, they are very kind.

6 more days in the schedule, then home. 5 weeks is crunch time as the bone removed is under analysis. Fingers crossed.

Jim & Lynn