Going Wireless

AMOREST

Visit site
Hi
Got myself a sim / WiFi / router for the boat. (RUT950) to hook up the chart plotter and use as a boat wifi system

Anyone care to share any good WiFi enabled devices for remote sensing / security / voltage monitoring etc……

There seems to be a huge range of possibilities -

Just looking for a few tips.

Cheers

Refueler

Visit site
Hang on .. can you be a bit clearer ...

Do you want a remote monitoring system so you can keep eye on the boat while at home ?

or

You want an onboard distribution of data ?

I read your first post and it seems to be a mix of the two.

AMOREST

Visit site
hi. Thanks.
Looking for a few ideas about monitoring the boat while I’m away.

Voltage ?
Bilge ?
Intruder. ?

Thanks.

AMOREST

Visit site
OK .. well I'm not your guy then ... sorry ... but if it was on-baord WiFi data consolidation .. then I have possibles.
Cheers. The RUT with SIM does the on board stuff. Just looking for quick easy hits on stuff to hook up to it.
Cheers anyway.

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
When choosing a camera you should start by deciding budget and what you want it to do.

Wi-Fi or cable to your router? POE?
Daylight and night vision? If night, color or B/W?
Picture quality - you want to see if a person is in view or you want to be able recognise a face, 24h and listen or speak via the camera?
Video size and quality - really drives data if you want crisp, 4K, 30 fps views and playback
Motion detection, detection area, AI object recognition etc. to eliminate recordings of passing insects, leaves and other unimportant stuff.

Software clients for computers and mobile apps are not all equal so one or the other might better suit your needs.

Thoroughly compare devices and add-on's, like Amazon Sync Module or subscription plans, when needed.
E.g.
Blink is a motion based camera system. It records clip up to 60s, then pauses for ten or more seconds, then looks for movement again. So at most you end up with a video record with many gaps. If you need continuous recording for your application you should look elsewhere.