Further adventures of a dentophobe (bit boaty)

tome

www.google.co.uk
I've a wobbly front tooth which my dentist told me would have to come out and be replaced with a denture, which I didn't like. Other alternatives were drilling a hole in my jaw and fitting a screw-in implant which scared me witless with its implications of discomfort and pain

A certain forumite who is also the cabinet-maker on Cornish Maid offered to take a gander so I went to see her this morning. Wasn't too worried because I thought it was just a consultation, no pain see? Had to fill out a questionnaire including 'how did you hear of us'. Scuttlebutt, I scribbled cheekily hence this not in lounge

Oh that tooth is no problem, she tells me and out comes the drill. Before I can even wimper, she's put a groove across my teeth and bonded in a piece of titanium wire. Drop of gelcoat to finish off, and I'm walking home through Petersfield in shock with my wobbly tooth held firmly in place

Bring it on, I say!

Sans Bateau

Visit site
You see Tom, you just can't trust anyone with just a question, can you? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2Tizwoz

Visit site
Perfectly safe
pirate.jpg

zefender

Visit site
Before resting too comfortably I would recommend you spend some time reading latest research on the suseptibility of titatium to corrosion in the oral environment. I'd refer you to papers by Adya N, Alam M, Ravindranath T, Mubeen A, Saluja B in particular.

It seems that due to the ph fluctuation in the mouth, titanium can suffer from electrolytic action. However, you will be relieved to know that the process can be halted by fixing an anode (similar in shape and size to those on boats) to the inner jaw. Suggest you have this surgically fitted as soon as possible. Moderate discomfort only I'm told and adverse impact on communication is an obvious trade off in the quest for the perfect smile.

zefender

Visit site
I understand that on the outer cheek it has the advantage of ease of maintenance whereas inside the mouth requires an annual haul out, with associated cost implications. The latter is useful for those with green teeth who wish them to appear more greyish in hue - but the jury's out on that one.

Becky

Visit site
I told him, I only do simple, I only do easy, and I ONLY do successful /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

'Course, I wasn't good enough initially. Wasn't his first choice.

'Praps I will be now.

FullCircle

Visit site
You [--word removed--]. I was irresistably drawn to this thread. [--word removed--]. Thats ruined my evening, I am sitting here with my teeth on edge and a harmonic high frequency shudder going through me. [--word removed--].
You mean you did all this without the aid of the knockout drops? You arent a dentophobe at all. My gnashers would have clamped shut so hard I'd have bit the end of the spatula.
Sheesh!. [--word removed--].

tome

www.google.co.uk
Weird

I hadn't even considered it, but she did the whole thing sens anaesthetic. First time in my life I've ever had treatment without the buzz.

I'll be more assertive next time. Thanks!

tome

www.google.co.uk
Hah! Becky showed me how to dangle a small gold chain from my jaw to an underwater anode whilst on board. Provided i don't try to move around the boat too much you wouldn't know i was wearing it

tugboat

Visit site
The position of the pushbutton catch is important. In the middle permanent whistle, to one side permanent leer!